Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, it is better now, just strange that you move presence knob and it behave like kid that refuse to speak to you :D
That’s not the only one that do this.
At the same time, in real heads, it happens often that the knobs don’t really act like a graphic eq does. Some knobs got just 2/3 sounds in the end, they are not very progressive . And many of them after 5 don’t act really

Boogie is the same. In recto series, when you play with the basic treble/mid/bass knobs your head goes like this :

AFD2CE85-913D-4CA1-8D8C-DF18D05C79B5.jpeg

When you imagine that turning the mid at zero will scooped the sound like a V diagram type like in a mark hm.
They also explain in boogies that each knobs act with each others, a big mess. In the end I don’t know why the amp makers didn’t stop with these shitty knobs and just put a graphic eq in their heads . Something that work

That’s not the only one that do this.
At the same time, in real heads, it happens often that the knob don’t really act like a graphic eq does. Some knobs got just 2/3 sounds in the end, they are not very progressive . And many of them after 5 don’t act really

This is a great point. I believe Cliff wrote that the 5150, e.g., has an unhelpfully small range on the real amp, so he increased that range in the model, just to make it more functional. I suppose one could make a wishlist request to do this for other amps too, which is a cool idea.

This is a great point. I believe Cliff wrote that the 5150, e.g., has an unhelpfully small range on the real amp, so he increased that range in the model, just to make it more functional. I suppose one could make a wishlist request to do this for other amps too, which is a cool idea.
Yep but it will remove the « authentic thing ». Personally I like that the knob act like the real heads . We have the eq’s if we want to go further

Yep but it remove the authentic thing. Personally I like that the knob act like the real head . We have the eq’s if we want to go further
yeah, I have also not problem if it is more authentic now.
I probably missed tha chat, where it was mentioned that it´s more like real amp now.

Boogie is the same. In recto series, when you play with the basic treble/mid/bass knobs your head goes like this :

View attachment 111325

When you imagine that turning the mid at zero will scooped the sound like a V diagram type like in a mark hm.
They also explain in boogies that each knobs act with each others, a big mess. In the end I don’t know why the amp makers didn’t stop with these shitty knobs and just put a graphic eq in their heads . Something that work

Another great point. Part of the secret handshake it takes to unlock good tone. I wonder if this is why a primary design modification of amps that are based off famous designs is simply to change what happens when the knobs are at noon.

yeah, I have also not problem if it is more authentic now.
I probably missed tha chat, where it was mentioned that it´s more like real amp now.
I don’t see a chat about the afd. And it is written nowhere in the release note. The sure thing is that the presence knob as been fixed, before there was a bug. I don’t know why it is noticed nowhere but.. then I don’t know if the presence knob act like this in the head as I never played an afd

yes, exactly, so now we know it probably wasn´t close to real afd haha :D
I tested all my favourite amp models with IR´s and all of them are improved.
Now the real test will be with real mesa cab :smilingimp:
Yes the cool things with 21.00 is that none amps sound strange now. There is not a « weak amp » like it used to, like the afd, the Vai ones … everything is usable now.
The only amp that I’m not convinced with 21.00 is the 5153. I prefered how it sound before . The fact that his bass are cut now make it sound more trebly

Yes the cool things with 21.00 is that none amps sound strange now. There is not a « weak amp » like it used to, like the afd, the Vai ones … everything is usable now.
The only amp that I’m not convinced with 21.00 is the 5153. I prefered how it sound before . The fact that his bass are cut now make it sound more trebly
I agree about 5153.. before it sounded amazing but IMO not realistic.. real 5153 doesn’t have that much low end..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom