Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep it is true that when you watched this, the 5153 sound like Chinese shit

That’s strange, I don’t like particularly the 5150 block in the unit. It is a metal standard and in the axe don’t know … it don’t sound that much « metal » . Anyway, boogie rules . 😁
I owned a 3120 head personally it was cool . But I end up selling it . Peavey sounds too dirty to me

Also in this video, the knobs seems to work a little bit 😅

The real 5153 seems to have tons of gain? Hm

Last edited:
Excellent, and no more popping either, I'm a happy man, just gonna check over my presets for the weekends gigs and off we go, Thanks again Cliff you are a gentleman and a genius.

Trying a bit with this version
Something wrong with all my presets. Dizzy starts sound fuzzy
Examples for comparison in the attachment

Attachments

• 21_release_samples.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 21_beta4_samples.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
Trying a bit with this version
Something wrong with all my presets. Dizzy starts sound fuzzy
Examples for comparison in the attachment
No issues here. Are your presets modified or factory? Sometimes modified or 3rd party presets will need a little tweaking.
However, I have no issues with factory or modified presets.

No issues here. Are your presets modified or factory? Sometimes modified or 3rd party presets will need a little tweaking.
However, I have no issues with factory or modified presets.
Nope. No modifications after upgrades. Using as is. I with that presets for years. Little tweak here and there after major upgrade, but overall was fine.
I like new bass improvements, but not sure if it's expected to be mo fuzzy for Dizzy V4 Silver 3.
Check out Dizzy samples from archives, something really happens after upgrade.
No tweaking in preamp of power amp settings.
Already trying to restore block settings and tweak Tone parameters as it was, but no changes.
1668779302816.png

the amp block's values will automatically update to the new defaults on load so retweaking will be necessary and is honestly best practice anyway unless you absolutely need your presets to sound the same for a project or something

edit: for clarity, if you need your old preset sound for a project revert to old firmware and reset the values to where you had them before. otherwise the new algorithms should make tweaking these parameters again more satisfying since the modeling itself has reached new heights of accuracy. hope this helps
Since you mentioned "best practice". Don't you feel it's Fractals obligation as a best practice to list the changes in the release notes instead of using terms like "various"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom