Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some folks seem to interpret their tone as “Gods own”. It’s personal preference. Arguing on a tone someone else loves and you don’t is completely pointless- and arrogant as hell. Why waste everyone’s time arguing on what you think is good or bad tone? It’s an opinion not factually based.

So this is completely unrelated to the firmware, but if there is one word that comes to mind about the last few pages it’s arrogant. So infuriating to me and in twenty years of using forums, I’ve only ever used the ignore function for one person and can’t believe it’s on the most friendly one I’ve used. sigh

Back on topic, I’ve found that my existing presets still sound amazing in fw21 without tweaking. I have some Metallica presets that I haven’t used for a while, and they’ve never sounded better. Hard to put it into words, but they have so much balls and oooooofff! Love it.

You’re right about one thing, Josh Allen is definitely a great player. I’d rather have Mahomes and Kelce any day though. I guess we will have to wait and see about the playoffs.
Hey wait, I thought you were a Pats fan!
As a Pats fan myself, we're still acclimating to these lean years... but one can always rely on the Lions to gain a sense of perspective...

Last edited:
You’re right about one thing, Josh Allen is definitely a great player. I’d rather have Mahomes and Kelce any day though. I guess we will have to wait and see about the playoffs.
Hey wait, I thought you were a Pats fan!
I am a Pats fan but I'm also pragmatic. The Pats have a lot of talent but the offensive coaching is letting them down. Also, Bellichick's "take away the number one weapon" plan doesn't work when that weapon is the quarterback. In previous years it didn't matter because Brady would just outscore the other offense but now, not so much. Maybe Patricia will grow into the role of OC. So far he sucks. The loud father in the stands at his son's HS football game can see what play he's gonna call a mile away, even after 8 beers.

This release is truly incredible! I don't even care that I am having to adjust my presets; it is worth it beyond description. Thank you so much for getting this done. Not only are the amp models themselves improved, so is the way they process the pre-amp FX; it's so much more organic and opened up coming out the back end. Dang, I can't even think of the right words to describe it properly, but this release is certainly a huge leap forward in digital signal processing. For one thing, there is a much more noticeable difference between cabinet IRs. Anyhow, FA just keeps on raising the bar ...

There’s a tiny bug in the interaction of Eternal Love with Shiver Clean in the Gift Tone #5.

Hooo there is no fighting anywhere guys we where joking …. You take things too seriously. He was trolling me because he knows that I like to defend my points of views, the forums are made for it . But it wasn’t to hurt anyone hooo.
I disagree.

ha 😀

All is fine, next time we have to do that in private message @My name is mud. Looks like we pissed off some buddies 😁🍻

To the Fractal gents,

I've recorded with a 5150 II on and off my whole life. That includes the two I've owned at various times, one from a buddy that was road tested & most recently a modded 6505+ for my band's latest EP that is owned by J.B. from A.B.R.

Fired up the PVH6160+ from this new firmware and was absolutely FLOORED on how spot on it was to the settings I've used to record & play live.

It was absolutely insane. It felt like I had fired up anyone of those previous 5150-II / 6505+, an amp I'm most familiar with, and could have fooled me 99.9 out 100 times that it was the real amp I was playing through.

TL/DR - PVH6160+ is legit. Fractal, y'all are the best.

Last edited:
There’s a tiny bug in the interaction of Eternal Love with Shiver Clean in the Gift Tone #5.
Not a bug. The Eternal Love in that preset was modified by changing the diodes to 1N270As and turning the Dry Level to zero.. This reduces the output level of the block dramatically. Don't know if that's a mistake in the preset or due to a translation error or what.

Not a bug. The Eternal Love in that preset was modified by changing the diodes to 1N270As and turning the Dry Level to zero.. This reduces the output level of the block dramatically. Don't know if that's a mistake in the preset or due to a translation error or what.
Thanks Cliff, didn't notice the Dry Level. Thanks again for an excellent release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom