Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember what FW it had on it, but it was one little @$$ freaking number. Haha!

Last edited:
Started out with 5.04 when I got my AXE-FX III. First Fractal product and I had no idea it would keep developing at this pace for this long, amazing.
I was on the early waitlist for my III and I’m pretty sure it came with ver 1 FW.

And I’ll immediately get on the waitlist when IV is announced.

I fired up the Recto2 Vintage for the first time last night and made a really filthy death/black metal tone that I was itching to get back home to all day from work. It inspired a breakthrough on a riff I've been kicking about for years without even thinking about it, just enjoying the sound. I'm not great with words so I thought it apt to post a song that could have been written about my feelings when I turn on my Axe3 so... over to these guys, take it away...

Anyone else experiencing a jump in preset volume when switching presets from FC?, just noticing since installing this latest firmware ,
When I switch to the preset from a different preset the volume jumps but if I hit the same preset again the volume goes back to normal. it only happens when switching from a different preset thanks

I fired up the Recto2 Vintage for the first time last night and made a really filthy death/black metal tone that I was itching to get back home to all day from work. It inspired a breakthrough on a riff I've been kicking about for years without even thinking about it, just enjoying the sound. I'm not great with words so I thought it apt to post a song that could have been written about my feelings when I turn on my Axe3 so... over to these guys, take it away...

I completely misread that (NO idea how, but I did....) and thought you posted the inspired filthy black metal riff. I lost my boner. 🤬😭😆

OwnHammer
I agree that Ownhammer provides the best IRs. I use them when i am not using Two Notes.

Speaking of which, I am trying to blend a Two notes cab simulator box in the AES FX loop and then i am trying to blend an Ownhammer IR sitting in the cab block. I am trying to mess with the align tool to phase align it but i cannot align properly to get rid of phaseing. Can Fractal audio please provide insights as to how many mm distance i should phase-align the ownhammer IR to blend with the Two notes box?

I agree that Ownhammer provides the best IRs. I use them when i am not using Two Notes.

Speaking of which, I am trying to blend a Two notes cab simulator box in the AES FX loop and then i am trying to blend an Ownhammer IR sitting in the cab block. I am trying to mess with the align tool to phase align it but i cannot align properly to get rid of phaseing. Can Fractal audio please provide insights as to how many mm distance i should phase-align the ownhammer IR to blend with the Two notes box?
I think you’d be better asking two notes what delay their processing introduces. Since that’s effectively what you’re asking here?

I think you’d be better asking two notes what delay their processing introduces. Since that’s effectively what you’re asking here?
If you're not going to the Two Notes box digitally (depends on which Two Notes box you have etc?), then the total delay is the RTL for both the Two Notes box plus the Axe's Loop's D/A and A/D.

If you have their older rack mount hardware you should use Digital I/O if possible, then you would only be dealing with a few samples of delay, rather than multiple ms.

I completely misread that (NO idea how, but I did....) and thought you posted the inspired filthy black metal riff. I lost my boner. 🤬😭😆
I'm sorry. My old Mac Pro 1.1 has died and I'm waiting for the M2 generation on Mac Minis to make an appearance for my next recording machine, so no clips from me yet. The trouble is that every amp modelling breakthrough Mr Chase brings us fills me with so much love and joy I fear I am losing the state of mind to create the masterpiece of masterpieces that makes Reign in Blood and Altars of Madness seem boring and redundant. My Axe3 makes me feel inside more like...

Last edited:
Ok. Back from Götenborg Sweden (work).
Jumpered and dialed my Marshall 50W Plexi. Using one of my tall Marshall cabs with Celestion H55.
Configured 21.00 Beta 1 with identical settings.
It's early morning here at home, so used a PPIMV to keep the Marshall to just tone, removing AITR volumes from affecting the comparison.

Disregarding the still-present real speaker cabinet versus the Factory 2 #761 IR and 57 mic...

The tone (to my aforementioned Marshall ears) is exactly right-on-the-money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom