Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, my 594 sounds great with my R9 presets and vice versa. Different but close and very complimentary

I own Gibson's, PRS's, and Fenders. They all have their own tones. My PRS's (all have different pickups) sound great with most anything I throw at them... and sure, it's different than a Les Paul. But, shouldn't they have their own voice? Plus, the volume and tone controls work better on my PRS guitars than the Gibson's. I'm going to change them. It's one reason I have 12 guitars... they all have an unique vibe. I use various Marshalls for many of my main tones.
Nice guitar btw.

Here’s my PRS collection

Absolutely, they should be different and have their own voice. Probably didn’t explain myself very well, but I didn’t want it to sound just like a LP, just in the same ballpark. No doubt it was user error, but mine wasn’t. Not bad by any means, just not where I was expecting.
Like I said, with this latest update it’s like a switch was flicked and it’s in that ballpark now. Like you say Brian, different but close and very complimentary. It’s the clarity and definition of each string that jumps out to me with the 594.

The amp modeling is perfect i don't know think it can be any better.

Its just tough to find good Impulse responses which is basically half the sound.
I mean, that has been said many times, right? But always something gets improved, at least if accuracy is the standard (it sure does not have to be). On that end specifically, I find it hard to believe this is the end (much like the other 37497329423 times). But for sure things are sounding great, would not argue against that. And most certainly a given firmware may be "perfect" for one's epistemically and metaphysically subjective perception of sound, feel, etc. Which could be what you mean.

Absolutely, they should be different and have their own voice. Probably didn’t explain myself very well, but I didn’t want it to sound just like a LP, just in the same ballpark. No doubt it was user error, but mine wasn’t. Not bad by any means, just not where I was expecting.
Like I said, with this latest update it’s like a switch was flicked and it’s in that ballpark now. Like you say Brian, different but close and very complimentary. It’s the clarity and definition of each string that jumps out to me with the 594.
My 594 is brighter than my LP so I program with my LP. Then when playing my 594 I just dial the tone control back a little. They do each have their own character but shouldn't be worlds apart. Yours has 58/15LT's right?

I am experiencing some issues on "Presets Manage page"
I was trying to organize my presets, I selected some "control Cut" presets and put them in another section, and then hit save,
I went to close the window and this message appeared.fractal scrrenshot.jpg

I hit save again before closing the window and got the same message again so, I clicked ok, after that all the presets I was trying to relocate are gone.
Since I had made a backup before, I tried again with another set of presets, and got the same result. Even moving presets individually, I get the same result.
I'm on Axe Edit version 1.12.07 (the last one) and with this v21 Beta.

I am experiencing some issues on "Presets Manage page"
I was trying to organize my presets, I selected some "control Cut" presets and put them in another section, and then hit save,
I went to close the window and this message appeared.View attachment 109901

I hit save again before closing the window and got the same message again so, I clicked ok, after that all the presets I was trying to relocate are gone.
Since I had made a backup before, I tried again with another set of presets, and got the same result. Even moving presets individually, I get the same result.
I'm on Axe Edit version 1.12.07 (the last one) and with this v21 Beta.
AxeEdit version for this beta is .08

The amp modeling is perfect i don't know think it can be any better.
I don't have the expertise or experience to deny that, but IIRC, Cliff famously claimed a similar thing some 9 years ago... Turns out he only got started! :) I'll believe it when a few golden ears and an experienced amp builder like Alan Phillips tell us, "It's 97% there." Until then, every 0.5% Cliff can add could potentially be "magical," esp. to those few dozen who do hear/feel it. Seems this firmware proved that, except for most people hearing the difference for this one. "Perfection" might be the day when 97% of people don't hear the difference from an update anymore.

Last edited:
AxeEdit version for this beta is .08
ok, thank you very much, I thought Mr. Chase had said that for this Beta no other Axe Edit was needed. I will try again with the .08

EDIT: After installing .08 still popping up same message, only difference is the presets don't disappear, they relocate to the new place, but the don't cut from the older one. So I guess it still doesn't work properly.

EDIT 02: I like to add that they not possible to delete with the "Preset Manage window" at least the one's that use a lot of CPU.
The only way is going to Preset / clear preset / save.

Last edited:
Les Paul Rider, I have the same problem with Manage Presets in Axe-Edit III (since a few versions already). This happens when I press save in Manage Presets and it reached a hi-CPU preset (84-85 % in my case).
I use "Save to New Preset Number instead" from the "Preset" dropdown menu or the front panel. Can be a bit time consuming if you want to move many presets, but both works - but not Manage Presets on hi-CPU presets.
I already wanted to post it in the Axe-Edit III subforum but forgot about it until now.

Last edited:
Les Paul Rider, I have the same problem with Manage Presets in Axe-Edit III (since a few versions already). This happens when I press save in Manage Presets and it reached a hi-CPU preset (84-85 % in my case).
I use "Save to New Preset Number instead" from the "Preset" dropdown menu or the front panel. Can be a bit time consuming if you want to move many presets, but both works - but not Manage Presets on hi-CPU presets.
I already wanted to post it in the Axe-Edit III subforum but forgot about it until now.

I thought that it was with this beta only, It's the first time that I'm trying to organize all my presets, which many are CPU consumers.
Thank's for the tip, I hope that could be fixed because I have many to move.

PLEASE before you upgrade take a second to record a couple of DI tracks and reamp them with v16 and the latest. Would be awesome to get a sense for the progress. An edge of breakup and heavy distortion with palm mutes should do.
I haven't even been a user long enough to have had V16 and I'd still be curious for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom