Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A yes on preset updates for me, coming from 21.1beta. I had to re-level amps overall, and do some eq tweaking (input eq, speaker resonances, and cab filters). This was between 3 different kitchen sink presets using 12 amp models. I bailed completely on two amps switching them out for something else (ODS Ford mid for ODS HRM mid, Budda for a Hook), and may completely revamp a third amp (Supro). But I’ve never been one to try to A/B presets to achieve similar sounds, and will let the new firmware go where it may. Plus I completely acknowledge that I’ll probably do it again with the final release.

That amp has not been updated/verified yet. It is among the handful left.

The handful left are all very heavy amps (as in heavy weight). I still have to do that amp and the Uberschall. I think the Herbert was done before the last beta.

I don't know what it is with German amp builders. They seem to be in a contest as who can build an amp that is sure to cause a hernia or ruptured disc.
I can't help but wonder if the German builders are still deriving their chassis designs from the Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausführung H "Tiger". I suspect they want them to sound like one.

I find that I'm playing much fewer amps now, the Friedmans for example - take almost no work and feel and sound amazing, so dynamic, touch sensitive etc.

Whereas before, I'd spend ages tweaking - now it's harder to get a bad sound rather than a good one
Same here. The Marshall’s are giving me what I want now with the Diode Suppression, that was a stroke of genius from Cliff. Now we can have the nasty Marshall and the little more refined one. The OT and low end upgrades are fantastic too. Like you said hard to get a bad sound now. I go downstairs to play with all of these grand plans to generate all these fancy presets, and after an hour or so of very enjoyable playing later, I switch it all off and head upstairs again. No presets but I don’t care, I can whip those up in minutes now.

The only one I felt I had to tweak was my main 5150 preset, it lost some of the filth, but after last night's tinkering I know exactly where to go to get it back. Hahah Cliff should have added that note about the Speaker Drive in the OP.

Noticing an issue where loading up a new amp from the Blocks Library occasionally drops to nearly zero volume output. Have to reset the channel to get it to work correctly (adjusting volume doesn't help).

Likely irrelevant, but mostly using Leon Todd's Blocks that he shared recently. I hadn't played with the Blocks Library before.

Not sure if this is a beta issue or not, as I started using both the new FW and LT's Blocks Library around the same time. Very well could be user error.

So, I'm just writing to say this... I just updated my Axe FX iii to this latest beta. WOW. I cannot wait for this to hit the FM9!!! I updated the Axe iii from 16.04 (old, I know :tearsofjoy:), and the jump is big! Since I got the FM9, I've been playing that on version 3, so I'm fairly up to date on the sounds and quality. But after comparing the Axe iii on 16.04 (which still sounded really great!) and then jumping to this latest beta, it totally makes the tones even easier to dial in. I see what people were saying about the low end too; and can even see with the v3 for the FM9, where some low cuts and or bass/depth knob cuts can help, but this new beta essentially eliminates the need for that. The tone sounds more forward, yet punchier and leaner in the bottom, yet still very full. Like I said, I cannot wait for this to hit the FM9!

I thank the Lord for this product, and for all the Fractal team does. It makes playing at church or doing recordings so effortless!

Very much appreciated, Fractal team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom