Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 18.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I remember the some changes in ratio reported but missed that you saw values of 10.00 for some types.

This seems to be a bug as pegging compression for saved presets doesn't seem right. It also looks like it happens for older saved presets (not 17.x). Is that what you see?
I have not changed any presets since 16.x, not sure what specific version.

I even checked some that haven't been updated in a long time. They showed the same thing.

This is perhaps the only corner of the internet protractor wearing computer nerds and rock and rollers can meet in harmony and have something in common.
Its like the team of scientists that make sure yodels are delicious. They get rich, we get fat and everyones happy.

Only problem is I often feel like the dumbest guy in the room............
“If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.”

Loaded 18.02 tonight.

Struggling so far but sometimes thats the way.

Selecting 'stereo' inputs on cab block seemed like something I hadn't had to do before. Not a BFD but it was a stumbling block that someone else might find.

My Hot Kitty amp seems to have lost it's mojo. I don't mind adjusting or seeking out a new model... but I sure did love that thing until tonight.

Grateful for the updates as always.

Loaded 18.02 tonight.

Selecting 'stereo' inputs on cab block seemed like something I hadn't had to do before. Not a BFD but it was a stumbling block that someone else might find.
I’m not sure I’ve ever done that either.

Did something change to make that necessary ?

I’m not sure I’ve ever done that either.

Did something change to make that necessary ?
Honestly I don't know, and I don't wanna get killed by those that do.

But I was spending the day working in a new DAW rig and noticed my stereo-delays weren't happening. After a good bit of hating on my DAW and interface ... I realized that it was the AXE.

I have my delays before my cab block, because I also pump it through stereo real cabs.

Honestly I don't know, and I don't wanna get killed by those that do.

But I was spending the day working in a new DAW rig and noticed my stereo-delays weren't happening. After a good bit of hating on my DAW and interface ... I realized that it was the AXE.

I have my delays before my cab block, because I also pump it through stereo real cabs.
It depends on the delay as well - for example 2290 doesn't work by default if folded down to mono.

That's not new in 18.00

Loaded 18.02 tonight.

What FW were you using prior to upgrading to 18.02? I didn't want to assume it was obviously 18.01.

An update with subtle changes that are well perceivable.

When you play the amps for some time, yet the impression arises there what is missing, but you don't perceive it physically. IMO

The smell of warm tubes frying in the housing.:rolleyes::yum:

Thank you FAS.

Last edited:
An update with subtle changes that are well perceivable.

When you play the amps for some time, yet the impression arises there what is missing, but you don't perceive it physically. IMO

The smell of warm tubes frying in the housing.:rolleyes::yum:
It's funny because Fractal delivers the sound that after years of playing valve (sorry, tube) amps you subconsciously associate with 'that' smell. When I got my first Fractal in the build up to and the subsequent release of Cygnus I had a time of olfactory confusion resulting in numerous glances over my shoulder that an amp wasn't turned on, or worse that something else electrical wasn't smouldering away. I didn't do any serious playing over the weekend, just some noodling through the presets (Firmware 17x) whilst watching some football (sorry, soccer) which I went back through again last night after updating to compare any changes whilst the tones were still fresh in my head. I have moved on from the nagging concern of being consumed by fire but the modelling tweaks have to my ears moved the tones a degree further towards that cause for deception. If you could get a 'hot tube' air freshener I would certainly squirrel one away in the back of my Fractal rack for the lols.

I only have a second before running on the door.. But Energyball model amp... depth control is causing my AxeFxIII to lockup & go silent. Just a heads up.
I can confirm same problem with Energyball Depth Control on 18.00. Haven't tried 18.02 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom