Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 18.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
After updating to 18.02, connecting my Axe III MK II via AES to my monitor, and when I play, I'd hear periodical chirping noise from the monitor.

Anybody noticed this issue, e.g. AES to studio monitor...?

Took my Axe III to practice tonight after updates to 18.00 and 18.02. On our lead off song my guitar starts off with a tremolo scene. Absolutely knocked my head off. The rest of the scenes were fine. I needed a quick fix so I went to Output>Scene Levels and discover the levels changed with each scene change. Here is a quick vid showing the quirk.
Your scene changes are changing channels on the Output 1 block...

Your scene changes are changing channels on the Output 1 block...

Thanks unix for pointing that out. I don't think that was my problem but rather something I noticed that took me by surprise. What made me start searching is the 6 db jump in my tremolo scene. Had to stop the song it was so loud. We play to a backing track so our volumes are very consistent.

Honestly I don't know, and I don't wanna get killed by those that do.

But I was spending the day working in a new DAW rig and noticed my stereo-delays weren't happening. After a good bit of hating on my DAW and interface ... I realized that it was the AXE.

I have my delays before my cab block, because I also pump it through stereo real cabs.
if you've typically ran into stereo cabs that's why you didn't notice. Anything before the amp will get summed to mono, as the amp blocks don't handle stereo signals.

After updating to 18.02, connecting my Axe III MK II via AES to my monitor, and when I play, I'd hear periodical chirping noise from the monitor.

Anybody noticed this issue, e.g. AES to studio monitor...?
AES/SPDIF is handled by a separate processor. The firmware update was for the DSP. Your problem is probably a master/slave or clock rate issue.

I am actually doing some experiment with the cab section's preamp , trying the new tape and the rest . Are they based on "real gear" ?

we dont have infos about them (fet, transformer etc ... ) . no details in the manual and they are just named in the wiki .
can be Interesting to know which one is based on what, etc , the differences between them

Do you mean Steven Wright? I don't think Steven Slate's plugins are very funny. :D
I've not come across Steven Wright before. I will check that out. I should clarify for anyone not aware that S.S. has done some quite entertaining spoof videos of the music gear biz. The one that comes to mind is where they are attempting to 'model' mastering engineer Howie Weinberg's brain/thought processes for a mastering plug in.

Good afternoon, this is my first post here, though I have been reading and lurking a long time. First, I have to say, I love the Axe 3. I think this sight is awesome and I’ve had all pleasant dealings ordering through Fractal.

That out of the way, I’m not completely illiterate to technology, but I do have a little (lot) of a learning curve. I’m not unhappy with the 17 firmware, but I try to stay up to date. However, I’ve seen a few issues, especially in one amp in particular that I use a lot, (the Angel Severe). Is it really bad enough that someone like me who is still learning the ins and outs of compressors and such, should wait to update 18.02? Until whatever bugs are worked out or should I be fine?

I’ve seen posts about freezing up units if I turned the wrong compressor knob plus a couple other issues. I like have the newest firmware, but I wanna just play without worry about making the wrong adjustments.

Thank you very much in advance,

Mike

Since now only the severe got a serious problem, all the rest works normally
Does the problem only manifest if I mess with the compressor or are there other issues? Forgive me if I’m wrong, I’m pretty sure I read it had something to do with the compressor, but it’s possible I’m mixing things up. Generally, is the amp model itself fine unless I mess with other things combined with it?

Does the problem only manifest if I mess with the compressor or are there other issues? Forgive me if I’m wrong, I’m pretty sure I read it had something to do with the compressor, but it’s possible I’m mixing things up. Generally, is the amp model itself fine unless I mess with other things combined with it?
It has nothing to do with the compressor block. It seems the Presence & Depth controls are the issue & only when specific actions are taken.
Hi Guys, I have a little issue with the Angle Severe amp block.

When I turn Depth to zero, the outputs mute, the output leds (used in the preset) all light. Changing the preset … no change, also muted outputs.

This happens by tweaking direct or via Axe Edit. Only a reboot helps.

BTW: Stock preset Angle Severe also is involved. I resettet the AXE, reloaded the presets and built a preset from scratch … no solution. And yes, I refreshed after booting new firmware (for the work with Axe Edit). 18 Beta 1 is fine!

Anyone else with this problem?

Bug report: sweeping the presence on the Angle Severe 2 model crashes my AxeFX III.

EDIT: the crash seems to happen if I max out presence and then try to drop it down again. Weird!

Just don’t turn the depth button in the Engl .
When I have done this, my JP2c head got a big laugh. Like an old guy laughing you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom