Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.02 Release

Something is 'off' between 17.01 & 17.02 to my ears. I'm hearing a bit more fuzz or hair in all of my distorted tones. Previously, it felt organic. Now it sort of sounds digital to my ears. I'm gonna dig in to see if it's the Master volume or where the tweak to dial it out is. I haven't seen anyone else post the same thing so it's unique to me.

Edit: A high cut and a little smoothing in the CAB blocks dialed it out. Also, adding a tad more speaker drive helped. I didn't touch the Master though.....maybe I should.
There were no changes to the modeling.

There were no changes to the modeling.
That's what I thought. Good news is I was able to attack the 'perceived' (by me) issue with the tools at my disposal. Better news is I'm juicing the Master, gaining some real fullness and I still have clean tones when I back off the guitar's volume. This box is awesome!

Thanks for an amazing update! I had my guitar cut out a couple of times during a show on Saturday. It happened on a few presets where a Drive 1 block would be activated on a specific scene. I fired the unit up at home and after about 30 mins had the same problem. I’ve reinstalled the firmware again and so far so good. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced something similar with the Drive 1 block?

Thanks for an amazing update! I had my guitar cut out a couple of times during a show on Saturday. It happened on a few presets where a Drive 1 block would be activated on a specific scene. I fired the unit up at home and after about 30 mins had the same problem. I’ve reinstalled the firmware again and so far so good. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced something similar with the Drive 1 block?

I had my guitar cut out a couple of times also - I thought it was my wireless - something feels different about this latest update and needs a bit more tlc

Last edited:
Did you have Axe-Edit running?

Is there Drive 1 block only activating or also changing channels?

Any other blocks changing channels when the scene changes?

What is the CPU load on the preset?

Please do post the presets that cut out, and maybe we can help to troubleshoot. :)

Did you have Axe-Edit running?

Is there Drive 1 block only activating or also changing channels?

Any other blocks changing channels when the scene changes?

What is the CPU load on the preset?
Thanks for the reply.

Axe-Edit not running at the time.

The Drive 1 block is activating and changing channels on one preset but just activating on another.

Some other blocks are changing channels.

CPU at around 78%

Will post the two presets.

These are the two presets that gave me a problem during a show. They are from kitchen sink type presets customised per song, so could probably be simplified, but never had any problems previously and always test everything after any new firmware updates. The Lets Dance preset cut out when I selected scene 3 and China Girl cut out at scene 1 and scene 4. Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• LETS DANCE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 20
  • CHINA GIRL.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
These are the two presets that gave me a problem during a show. They are from kitchen sink type presets customised per song, so could probably be simplified, but never had any problems previously and always test everything after any new firmware updates. The Lets Dance preset cut out when I selected scene 3 and China Girl cut out at scene 1 and scene 4. Thanks for taking a look.

Man, I totally could not figure this out. I thought maybe I'd see something in your list of modifiers that would jump out at me, but you only have the wah in that list. Hopefully someone else can figure this out. Best of luck in finding the solution!

Man, I totally could not figure this out. I thought maybe I'd see something in your list of modifiers that would jump out at me, but you only have the wah in that list. Hopefully someone else can figure this out. Best of luck in finding the solution!
No worries at all, thanks for taking the time to investigate. Hopefully will get to the bottom of it but in the meantime I’ll move these presets to one side and build new versions.

Do you use an FC and expression pedal to control volume?

I use an FC12 plus an expression pedal. In these presets the pedal is assigned to auto activate the Wah block but I do use it to control volume in some other presets.
I found for me using the same expression pedal for both WAH and volume, I would sometimes have an issue where I change presets and had no volume. I switched the presets using volume to gain increase, problem solved. I now use 2 expression pedals, one for WAH and the other for volume and gain.

Will the sound cut with ds1’s drive at zero be fixed or is it a wanted behavior ? For now I don’t use it as a boost anymore but it was interesting with some amps

I'm on a turbo, and if I get CPU above 75% I get silence - didn't see this so drastic in 17.01, if it dances around 75% I get crackling and goes over silence.

Anyone else seeing this? I know you can't go to 100% but this seems lower to me now?

Back
Top Bottom