Axe-Fx Firmware Release Version 17.02 Release

Added “ALL” as an option to Spillover in Global Settings. When Spillover is set to ALL the Delay, Reverb, Plex, Multi-Delay, Megatap and Ten-Tap blocks will not clear their buffers when switching presets.

Does this apply to switching channels in the same preset between scenes? If I have a scene with a long delay for solos (channel A) then I switch to a rhythm scene with very little delay (channel B) will the long solo delay continue tailing after switching scenes? Currently I think it doesn't do that.

Last edited:
I experience something similar to this, only with the new Reverb Pitch Shift. I have the Pitch Shift Mix control tied to a CS and can turn it off or on depending on if I want some shimmer.

I'm able to recreate the issue reliably by doing the following:
1. Play a bit with the Pitch Shift Mix CS on
2. Disengage the Pitch Shift Mix CS
3. Change to an identical preset, but with Pitch Shift Mix CS on by default
4. Get burst of shimmer noise when preset loads

As others have said already, it almost seems like some sound is being buffered and then released when the preset changes. It also seems like the sound that's buffered is whatever is playing at the moment the mix is turned down. Been having this issue since 17.01
I've been experiencing this for a while, and there's no rhyme or reason to it.

I do presets for each song, one preset for an entire set wouldn't work for me.
Which is what I think yek is pointing out.

A preset per song will likely involve switching scenes.

I too prefer a preset per song and a few “kitchen sink” presets.

Most likely I will keep global spillover off.

Classic FAS. During the time it took to ship my new Axe Fx, there is already new free stuff available for the unboxing. Amazing.
Bought an FM3 in July, loved it, sold it and upgraded to a MKII, then the Turbo was announced so I RMA'd the MKII and have had the Turbo for, it feels like, almost thirteen seconds.
Instead of catching up to the unit as a new owner, it is pulling away from me with added functionality, and let's not forget the extra oomph in the Turbo. My spot in the learning curve keeps slipping because the amount to learn keeps growing.

And I love this.

Especially
the quick identification and squashing of bugs (even though they mostly didn't affect me at all).

On the also bright side, I didn't have any patches I was "married to" so I'm perfectly fine starting from scratch again, because this forum and especially Leon's videos (and Burgs' and Marco's and and and) keep teaching me more best practices for designing the basic stuff I am just learning to do now. Still struggling to remember to save the right channels to the right scenes at this point. Gonna need to start charting rig builds out on paper before I start throwing stuff onto the grid!

And though it is not for everyone, the stereo amp rigs I have started now are just demolition-grade ear candy to the point I cannot believe what I am hearing. And every time I plug in it's all still there, quietly insisting I check if the IRs could use a little smoothing, or if the speaker compression could use a tweak, and is that really the best impedance curve for this tone? Everybody should have such "problems."

Thank you @FractalAudio!

I've been experiencing this for a while, and there's no rhyme or reason to it.
This is the only thing that I haven't been able to figure out as well, going back to the FX8. I've learned to try and rehearse any scenario, especially changing presets, and figured out ways to reduce the chances of it happening or making it less obvious but it still occurs occasionally and usually when it's very quiet, like in your video.

Gonna need to start charting rig builds out on paper before I start throwing stuff onto the grid!
I like this. It reminds me of putting my guitar down, listening to the music I want to play over, imagining what I want to play, then giving it a go.

After updating to this firmware I tried something I have never done before, which was to run the DS1 with the gain at zero and the level maxed. It killed the sound. I need to barely raise it (gain) and sound comes back...didn't experience this with my typical drives that I run this way. Has anyone else experienced this?

Back
Top Bottom