Axe FX 2 with wireless

Get a line 6 wireless btw...

No No No Not Line 6, Yes I know its good but the Brace Audio DWG-1000 is Fantastic and 1/3 the price. I have been using three of them for a year giging every week and they have not EVER missed a beat (excuse the pun). You can use multiple transmitters all linked to the one reciever (but not at the same time). You just unplug one, no cracks or pops or any noise, and plug in the next one. Uses 2 X AA bateries that last for about 8 hours. This product is just as good as the Axe.
Check it out at Brace Audio. Sell the Line 6 while it is still worth something and buy a few Brace units. You won't be sorry.

No No No Not Line 6, Yes I know its good but the Brace Audio DWG-1000 is Fantastic and 1/3 the price. I have been using three of them for a year giging every week and they have not EVER missed a beat (excuse the pun). You can use multiple transmitters all linked to the one reciever (but not at the same time). You just unplug one, no cracks or pops or any noise, and plug in the next one. Uses 2 X AA bateries that last for about 8 hours. This product is just as good as the Axe.
Check it out at Brace Audio. Sell the Line 6 while it is still worth something and buy a few Brace units. You won't be sorry.

That's not been my experience. While the receiver may last 8 or more hours on a set of AA's, the Brace transmitter GOBBLES batteries. I've been lucky if I get 2 hours on a pair. And the transmitter dies without warning when the battery gets low.. Also had issues with noise and a strange sort of intermittent hissing/squealing. There is for me an audible latency as well. I just figured you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
I've heard everybody rave about those brace audio units, but they look like a toy. I've used my line 6 relay wireless every week multiple times since the first units shipped, never let me down and is built like a tank. I'm sure those brace units are great but they need to stop letting vtech design their products.

Why doesn't the rear input work as well as the front! If this was a problem with the Ultra, has it not been addressed with the II?
Good question. The only substantial difference between the front and rear input is the added noise reduction, and the fact that global pitch detection works on the front input only (though you can still use local pitch detection if you're using the rear input). The rear input is also a few dB less sensitive — easily compensated for by the input level knob.

I've had excellent results using the rear inputs and would use them without concern when it's more convenient to do so.

Depending on the output of your guitars, from my experience in a few cases the rear input being a few dB less sensitive means there isn't enough available input volume to get you to where you should be on the red input lights. Just my experience with some low output telecaster pickups

Depending on the output of your guitars, from my experience in a few cases the rear input being a few dB less sensitive means there isn't enough available input volume to get you to where you should be on the red input lights. Just my experience with some low output telecaster pickups
True. Even the front input can have this problem. Fortunately, the S/N ratio on the Axe is higher than that of your guitar, so it's not a deal killer.

Well, my guitar has a stereo output in which I plug the Y cable (stereo to 2 monos) and from there I go to the axe (with 2 mono cables).
I also have a 3-way switch to select either piezo, mag or both. So basically, I need to send a stereo signal to the axe.
If I use a mono cable, I would only be able to use either the mag or the piezo (TS not TRS) isn't that right?

This is how I run mine, using a Line 6 Relay G90, but the Y-cable method is still an a***ache. I keep treading on the piezo cable and unplugging it. Sometimes I plug the piezo and magnetic cables into the the Y-connector the wrong way round when it's dark on stage. I would love to use just one cable and one transmitter if possible.

It seems to me the only thing preventing the hookup of a stereo output guitar to a wireless transmitter is the fact that wireless patch cables only seem to be wired in mono. Shouldn't it be possible to send both pickup sources to the transmitter using a stereo transmitter cable (if such a thing exists)?

Last edited:
It seems to me the only thing preventing the hookup of a stereo output guitar to a wireless transmitter is the fact that wireless patch cables only seem to be wired in mono. Shouldn't it be possible to send both pickup sources to the transmitter using a stereo transmitter cable (if such a thing exists)?
The problem isn't the patch cables; it's the transmitter itself. Wireless transmitters are mono devices — they only have one transmitter, so they can only handle one signal. They wound't know what to do with two channels of audio.

The problem isn't the patch cables; it's the transmitter itself. Wireless transmitters are mono devices — they only have one transmitter, so they can only handle one signal. They wound't know what to do with two channels of audio.

That is my understanding too... That's why I was asking if there is a stereo wireless system.

It seems to me that if you can live without a blend of piezo and mag pickup output at the same time, you can run one cable or one wireless unit into the Axe. Just have a piezo patch on its own instead of the two route system within one patch with a piezo line and a amp line.

The only stereo wireless systems I'm aware of are IEM systems and they transmit the wrong direction... I'd also guess they'd make your guitar sound pretty awful

That's not been my experience. While the receiver may last 8 or more hours on a set of AA's, the Brace transmitter GOBBLES batteries. I've been lucky if I get 2 hours on a pair. And the transmitter dies without warning when the battery gets low.. Also had issues with noise and a strange sort of intermittent hissing/squealing. There is for me an audible latency as well. I just figured you get what you pay for.

Hi Quonsar, sorry to hear that you have had a problem with your Brace units, you must just have got a bad one. None of mine have ever made the slightest noise. As for the battery issue, I even use mine at home for practcing because they last so long. There is a video somewhere where someone uses an A/B splitter and sends the guitar signal from a guitar via a top quality 10" cable to the left channel and a Brace unit to the right channel of a sound card. When the two signals are overlayed you can actually see that the Brace signal reaches the card before the cable. I regularly walk out into the crowd when playing and can assure you that the only latency is the time the sound takes to travel. Send your unit back to Brace, I am sure they will replace it. And all those folks on the website who rave about it are probably not bullshitting :)

No, but they might be making some hyperbolic statements based on the low cost of the unit. It wouldn't be the first or last product to experience that.

That is my understanding too... That's why I was asking if there is a stereo wireless system.

I'm not aware of any either, but I would sure be interested in one!

I currently run two X2 XDS-95's. Sound is great, but range is low. In some places I can't get 15' from the recievers without a dropout.

I can understand why analog wireless systems are mono- you'd basically have to duplicate the electronics- so it makes sense to go with two separate units. A stereo signal into a digital wireless system seems like it would be a relatively easy to implement- MUX the two audio signals into the same A/D, index it, send it to the transmitter, recieve it, DeMUX it to two audio outs. I could be totally wrong- I'm no RF system designer. Just an EE taking a guess.

No, but they might be making some hyperbolic statements based on the low cost of the unit. It wouldn't be the first or last product to experience that.

I am not sure what you mean?, Are you infering that I have taken the time and effort to give my working knowledge and opinion on a bit of gear I have used for a year, live on stage, every week, to talk it up for no reason? let me get this straight, on one hand one person has had trouble with one unit, on the other hand I and hundreds of other people say it's fantastc, any you in your infinite wisdom you decide to religate the thing to the "hyperbolic statements" bin? I know it hurts to think you paid three times more than you had to but please let common sense prevail.

Common sense tells me that the brace is probably a good product, but *might* just be "good for the money," as is the case with most things that are cheap and receive such glowing endorsements...... no need to get so defensive, it's not the end of the world if I think your leapster is not as good as you do...... *sarcasm*

Yeah, his cheap and/or expensive plastic wireless doohickey is so much better than yours! ... Ugh. So, when do nerds on the Internet realize that experiences and opinions on a product are subjective? Just because something might be cheap, that doesn't mean it's less quality, and when something is more expensive, that doesn't mean it's overpriced. Use the product that does the job and that you feel comfortable with. If nerd A is satisfied with investing 600 dollars while nerd B only spends 200, who really cares if both parties are content with their purchases?

Back
Top Bottom