Axe FX 2 New External Look

bilbaino

My friends in the spanish non official forum about the axe fx suggested that it would be so cool if the axe fx II instead of the black front, buttons, etc and the green lcd, had a white front and a blue lcd.

So I made this with PS:

axe2wb.jpg

Some say they would sell his house to buy something like that. ROFL

What's your opinion?

Gold is nice too. My Marshall SE100 is gold and it looks nice but old. Gold makes old.(great for jazz players)

Red is too Line6. White is too Apple. Black is simple, effective, matches my rack case, and will confuse my wife so she doesn't realize I bought a new one.

Ding ding. For the win!!!

Totally agree. Keep it basic, keep it black.

And I didn't fool my wife, but that is indeed an important consideration.... ;) :D

Red is too Line6. White is too Apple. Black is simple, effective, matches my rack case, and will confuse my wife so she doesn't realize I bought a new one.

Yes the dreaded "is that new?" question lol

Fortunately, for vintage gear purchases, there is an easy honest out :)

- Richard

Axe-FX II ? Isn't that the new "polymorphic front panel" included in Ultra FW.11 ?
Start to talk about this being sure your wife listens...
FYI, the removable ears have been added upon my specific request. Cliff is making me a custom rotating two-sided front panel (just like the license plate of secret agents' cars) : one side is the Ultra front panel, the other is the new one.
That's the Custom Shop Axe-Fx IIw (where "w" stands for "wife").
Obviously rotation is controlled with the big red button of my Custom Shop MFC-101.
IIw also sports a subliminal message flashing on the display ("No, I'm not new").

Remember to add the "w" option to your order!!!

wow...that's so funny...I often buy the same looking gear....or...at least I used to before I got the Axe! She did notice my new car though.

My wife skips right to "how much was that?" I've started responding with price ranges, although the clever girl tends to know where in the range my new purchase falls.

i saw a photo of a an axe fx with a crazy paint job on the forum once, (not a home job though, it was apparently from the factory). it looked so cool. i wish there were more like that. oh well....

Back
Top Bottom