Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

How are you planning on running your axe, with the matrix through a cab?

I was talking to one of the guitarists from Northlane and he reckons running through a Mackie PA is definitely the way to go. I started looking into it and the Djent crew (misha/tosin etc) are all doing that now and swear by it.
My brain still doesn't compute that it will sound good so I'm going to grab a Mackie 1221 or 1531 from Allans Music (because you can buy it for 7 days and return with full refund if you don't like it). So yeah I'll wait to hear it IRL and if it's the beez kneez then I'll keep it, otherwise I'll go down the poweramp/cab route.

Where'd you get the Matrix from, I've heard they're pretty much the best SS solutions.

Many posts here suggest you can get better quality than Mackie in a similar price range. RCF, QSC and a few others generally get good reviews - have a scan through the amps & cabs forum.

Yeah I'm going to run it through my Orange 2x12 and/or DV Mark 2x12. I'll stick with that for a while cause a 1221 is around $1500 and I just can't justify that ATM. It would be awesome to find a reasonably priced passive frfr cab to try, but even then that's gonna be a while away for me.

I got the matrix from matrix :)

bettermusic.com.au have a Mackie HD1221 for $1100 and a 1531 for $1600.
I plan on showing this price to Allans music and grabbing it from there because Allans have a 7 or 10 day return period, so I'll have a week to try out the mackie.
I'm leaning towards the 1531 but if its too massive/annoying to cart around then the 1221 will probably win me over.... and hey if FR isn't for me then I'll probably end up using a matrix through my Orange 2x12.

Ive been tossing up between the QSC K12 and the Mackie HD1221. Supposedly the 1531's have had some 'issues'. The Periphery dudes were going to use them, until Tosin's started blowing up while on tour (I think he went through like 3 in a month or something). So they went with stereo 1221s until recently.
Devin Townsend also uses the 1221s.... so Im thinking they must go alright.

PS. I A/B'd both through a POD, and they sounded pretty damn close (at medium volume). With the Mackies sounding a little smoother.

OMG im losing it! Paid for my Axe Fx 2 few weeks ago and I'm constantly checking the order status every few mins!!! CANNOT WAIT MUCH LONGER!! hahaha so excited! :)

Gunna try the axe fx 2 through an EV 112P and the Mackie HD1221 and see which one I like better. Heard good things about the Mackies.

Yeah when I called Allens the guy massively recommended the mackies.
I just got a dispatch notification.... I haven't been this excited about something coming in the mail since my first Nokia smartphone in about 2002/2003.

NPX DAMN YOU !!!!!!!
:)

Let us know how you go with your first turning on experience... post some sweet tunes.

Back
Top Bottom