Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

Wow... a year and still no news? I'm in Aus and been waiting since September and I think it's slowly driving me insane, more quickly these days thou :shock

IIRC the product was announced in May, but hang in there Rotaholic, it's a long wait and I sympathise with reading all the glowing reports and endless firmware updates. It's worth the wait - be strong :p

I'm kinda happy in a way having only joined the list at the start of this year.

By the time I get a II, it should be a lot more stable and a lot more good programming info will be out there.

My Ultra will see me through the hard times.......

Reactions: npx
Hey guys,

I bought an Axe-FX II on ebay last November. It was new in the box and I've been mucking around with it at home until I get the balls to gig with it. Not sure if I'll get there. I'm interested to see if anyone wants to buy this from me? I'm in Sydney. If you are let me know what you'd be prepared to pay. Cheers.

QSC KW 122's for the PA, and I think yamaha wedges for the monitors, 3 of. Oh and there was a sub aswell, didn't take note which model though.

Hey guys,

I bought an Axe-FX II on ebay last November. It was new in the box and I've been mucking around with it at home until I get the balls to gig with it. Not sure if I'll get there. I'm interested to see if anyone wants to buy this from me? I'm in Sydney. If you are let me know what you'd be prepared to pay. Cheers.

The guys around here would probably be willing to pay the waiting list price ($2650) adjusted for the "no warranty" aspect, which puts the price at around $2300. I suspect you'd do better on Ebay.

I think I'm going to crack and buy one from America. The last couple of weeks, endlessly checking this thread and my e-mail for any sort of news; sigh, just want axe fx and soon lol :(

Went to the Tosin Abasi clinic last night, he is unbelievable!

His sound was amazing too (Axefx 2 of course)

His axe got smashed on his flight down to tassie. Ended up borrowing mine for the rest of the aus tour.
He is using whichever speakers the stores supply. Down here he used 2 QSC KW12s + 2 Ksubs for FOH, 1 K12 and my 2 tannoys for FB. Sounded awesome.

Had my first gig with the Axe 2 last night.... Output 1 to my Mackie HD1221 and output 2 to the desk.... flawless sound on my behalf haha, everyone kept asking why my guitar was so much clearer than the other guy (using a 6505 with Orange 2x12).

Lovin the shit out of the Axe.... such an amazing product.

I've had the same thing with my Ultra quite a few times now. The most common first reaction from a FOH engineer is "what's that unit you're using - sounds good!". This is usually after they were nervous that I was about to output something that sounded like a cat fighting.

Well i've done it, I've sold my MkIII and now await my coupon..it was sad to see her go and she sounded awesome through a MkVs quad which made the sale considerably harder! Alas I have wanted an axe since they were still made by hand, two kids later and here at last I wait... ...

I think it's really going to drag now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good luck Manning! I hope your Axe II experience goes a lot smoother than mine has so far.

My first unit had to go back after 3 days due to a crackling audio problem. IMA loaned me another one that had a "presets not loaded correctly" warning issue, but was otherwise working fine... but that one shat the bed after 5 days and wouldn't boot up at all. :( It got returned over 2 weeks ago. Andrew has requested parts to fix my original unit, and as far as I can tell those parts are coming with the new shipment of Axe FX II that leaves the US in the next week. So I'm still a couple more weeks at least from having a functioning unit.

I tell ya, this Pod XT that I'm using sure isn't giving me the same 'wow' factor that it did 8.5 years ago when I first got it!

Back
Top Bottom