Axe-fx 2 for the aussies!!!

Delivered, but sitting unopened in the loungeroom while I finish off some backing tracks for a client which are overdue from last week. I suspect if I open the box they'll be delayed a little (or a LOT) further...

I picked up the Mackie 1531 and played about 4-6 hours last night with the Axe II.

The unit is frakking amazing, even my housemate who's not into guitars at all thought the clarity of everything was crisp as.

One thing I did take from the whole experience.... bye bye 1531. That thing is a tank and I was using like 3-5% of volume to play at home and it was loud enough.
I'm fairly certain running a HD1221 will be more than enough for band prac/home and I can easily cart it around. When we're playing gigs I'll be running it direct out and through the FRFR so it'll be fine.

What setups are you guys using?

betermusic.com.au do the HD1221 for $1095.
I'm going to return the HD1531 on the weekend and get the HD1221.... I'm pretty sure it'll be more than fine for what I need.... those things are loud as shit.

As far as I can tell, this non-frfr method sounds great. Might just sell the Mk V...

Definitely keen on hearing its full potential through an frfr speaker.

Got mine yesterday and played with it for a few hours with my headphones then took it straight to band practice!! Amazing unit. Hands down the best thing I have ever bought. So happy :) It looks so nice aswell: Wall Photos | Facebook

Now I need to save for my Mackie HD1221

Ok I am a bit curious as to how long you guys have actually waited since putting in your order to receiving your axe fx 2.

Mine was sent on Friday and got delivered Monday.
If you mean waiting list wise... I'm pretty sure I got in around mid June.

I'll be testing this beast out at band prac tonight... I'm guessing it'll take a few jams to dial in a good tone.

Mine was sent on Friday and got delivered Monday.
If you mean waiting list wise... I'm pretty sure I got in around mid June

Yeah about the same for me, first heard an ultra at the bris guitar show around May time and jumped on the list for the II, Andrew did a great digital v analogue live workshop.

Last edited:
Got my rack case today. Ruby seems interested. :)

2v0zi9j.jpg

Because it is the older one, it gives warmer, vintage tones. Very highly sought after, discontinued. That price is a steal... :roll

hehe you have a paramore poster, couldnt see the twilight poster in that pic! Jokes paramore are awesome, love Haleys voice and the production on thier last two albums is amazing

A bit of tweaking at band practice and I was 90% there... The Axe/Mackie held up way clearer than the other guitarists 6505 in a Marshall 4x12.... but the two mixed together was pretty sick.
I have some annoyances with the noise gate that I need to figure out but I'm sure I'll get there.

^^^ The ratio/hold settings were pretty much the key to my noise gate issues, it's exactly what I want now.

I changed the 1531 over to the 1221.... the 1221 is still a beast. I can't take the axe's output volume above like 5% because its so loud (ok at band practice it might be on like 15-20% and that's shaking cymbals).

I'll post some recordings on the weekend \m/ \m/

How many kiwis still waiting on an axe? I only know of Soma getting one, this is a joke. I have allready modded my marshall, vox and blackstar and have run out of things to do to get me by. Its coming up to a year pretty quickly. Probably will just get a kemper if it takes much longer.

Back
Top Bottom