Axe Freezing up after update to 7.16!!!

bdsp8

I updated my standard monday night, and everything seemed to be ok. I checked out all my patches to make sure there wasn't anything strange happening. So, I played a gig last night, and about midway through I went to switch to another patch, and nothing! No sound, I couldn't even get the main dial to change patches! I had to just turn the axe off and back on to unfreeze it. It did it a total of three times. I am using a Ground control pro to change presets. It has never done anything like this before, so I can only guess it has something to do with the update. Anyone else had any problems like this? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Running 7.16 as well. Had my first freeze up last night. I was attempting to change a patch using the latest version of the new editor. Rebooted and everything was fine.

Mesaholic said:
Running 7.16 as well. Had my first freeze up last night. I was attempting to change a patch using the latest version of the new editor. Rebooted and everything was fine.

The editor is in beta, it wouldn't surprise me if you found a bug. Try and recreated it and report it in the beta bug report thread.

bdsp8 said:
I updated my standard monday night, and everything seemed to be ok. I checked out all my patches to make sure there wasn't anything strange happening. So, I played a gig last night, and about midway through I went to switch to another patch, and nothing! No sound, I couldn't even get the main dial to change patches! I had to just turn the axe off and back on to unfreeze it. It did it a total of three times. I am using a Ground control pro to change presets. It has never done anything like this before, so I can only guess it has something to do with the update. Anyone else had any problems like this? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Try and recreate it and if you can send the offending patches to support@fractal.com

javajunkie said:
bdsp8 said:

Try and recreate it and if you can send the offending patches to support@fractal.com

I'm not sure i follow what you're saying. What do you mean by send the patch? Upload the exact patch to the editor and email that? Thanks for your help!

I had the same thing happen to me when using the editor. I think I was editing the noise gate when it happened, but I can't find a way to repro.

bdsp8 said:
javajunkie said:
bdsp8 said:

I'm not sure i follow what you're saying. What do you mean by send the patch? Upload the exact patch to the editor and email that? Thanks for your help!

Yes, if you can find the patch that is causing it and instructions how to recreate the lock up.

I had my Standard freeze on me after upgrading to 7.13 a week ago. Same deal- I use a GCP and it would not change the patch. I then tried the dial on the Axe- Nothing. Turned the Axe off then back on. All seems fine. I played last Sunday all three services changing patches and then rehearsal last night for three hrs. It has not locked up on me again. I am a little hesitant to load up 7.16 though. Anyone else?

Lockups using the editor are not surprising. Otherwise, though, it indicates a bug somewhere. If it's always doing it on the same preset please dump that preset and send it to support so we can try to solve the problem.

FractalAudio said:
Lockups using the editor are not surprising. Otherwise, though, it indicates a bug somewhere. If it's always doing it on the same preset please dump that preset and send it to support so we can try to solve the problem.

This was not a lockup while using the editor, It was only while I used it live.

I had my Ultra freeze on me too with 7.16 update using my FCB1010 to control it.
It seems that this latest update (and maybe .15 too). uses more cpu and if the patch is close to the cpu limit it can lock up. I checked all my patches and those that were close to the cpu limit I turned off the noise gate which released a bit. You can hear when the patches are close to the limit usually too as it pops and crackles a bit (on hard playing) before locking up. It's a shame but the new noise gate seems to use a fair amount more of cpu.

Jon

Wow, I'll be staying on 7.12 for a while then.

I've had issues with my GCP but it was always due to a badly seated MIDI lead.

I played a gig last night using my Standard with rev 7.16 and experienced no issues. FWIW, none of my go-to presets are above ~80% cpu usage at this point.

My lock up was also when using the Axe live. I have been using the old editor to upload new firmware. This is the editor Lars put together. Is there a Fractal editor out yet that I should be using?

TonyGring said:
My lock up was also when using the Axe live. I have been using the old editor to upload new firmware. This is the editor Lars put together. Is there a Fractal editor out yet that I should be using?

TONY!!! YES!!!! The Fractal Editor is out (in beta form) get your ass over to this thread!!! Forget the Lars editor dude!

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7231

Official Fractal Editor download here

http://www.brains2bits.com/Fractal/Beta/

Mine froze up on me Sunday at church. Fortunately i went over to look at something right before we starting the set otherwise I would have played my Tele through the Acoustic patch I had dialed up from soundcheck (which is set up about 12 db hotter than my electric patches!). Would not have been a great first impression :shock:

No freezes here yet. But did notice one of my CPU intensive patches on my ultra is now un-useable/ It is running 94.8- 95% and I get constant loud clicks through that patch. Had to take out one of the cab blocks and re-route. Never did it with 7.14. Strange

Anyone else seeing this.

Cheers

SparkyG said:
No freezes here yet. But did notice one of my CPU intensive patches on my ultra is now un-useable/ It is running 94.8- 95% and I get constant loud clicks through that patch. Had to take out one of the cab blocks and re-route. Never did it with 7.14. Strange

Anyone else seeing this.

Cheers

That is normal when it gets that high.

SparkyG said:
... 94.8- 95% ... constant loud clicks ...
javajunkie said:
That is normal when it gets that high.

I also experienced this with my Ultra, but when I heard it the first time, it took me a while to figure out that high CPU usage was causing the clicks.
My personal preference would be the "CPU Usage exeeded" display to pop up before the clicks occur. But I can live with the clicks anyway because none of the real-world patches I use takes up so much CPU.

Back
Top Bottom