Axe for Lemur v3.00 ready for prime time

hi scrutinizer.
thx for your hard work. this template is amazing and everything is working flawlessly over usb or wifi connection.
there's only one problem with my brandnew "esi ntour cx" (ESI - MIDI nTour CX) ios midi interface: the layout view won't show me any block name inside the blocks and i can't edit blocks or routes
evereything else is working fine.
maybe the "ntour" won't recognize some specific sysex?

peter
I am about to post version 3.06 which shows the message size and status for more sysex message types. This is shown on the Preset page. If you are seeing red 'LEDs' this is indicating a problem with incoming sysex. What do you see there?

Also make sure you have the latest version of Lemur. It should be v4.03. The latest version handles incoming sysex messages better than the previous Lemur versions.

That's a cool looking interface. I'd not seen a direct to IOS interface other than the Line 6 ones. I've been using the MAudio Uno, but the generic $7 (or so) midi interface off Amazon works, too, but I have to use CC kit. It's not nearly as fast as wireless or USB, but it's plug and play. For fairly basic tweaking and for having something that allows me to tweak at a gig in a hurry, it's great.

I know some people, including me, have used the MidiBridge app as an intermediary between their interface and the Lemur app. The MidiBridge app is a software midi router which buffers incoming sysex so that it doesn't get cut off, leaving patch loading incomplete. Incomplete loading sounds like your issue, though I'm not sure. You might want to try MidiBridge as it's probably cheaper than any other solution and it's a very useful program for IOS midi.
Great idea! MidiBridge is is an awesome app, solves lots of problems.

Here is version 3.06!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54889552/AxeForLemur.3.06.zip

Supports AxeFX II firmware version 10.12
- Adds two new amp types
- Amp block CUT control added
- Amp block AC LINE FREQ control moved: now grouped with the Supply/Bias controls
- Filter block added Tilt EQ type
- GEQ block added TYPE control, which supports 5, 7, 8, and 10 band GEQ modes

New features:
- Save Preset feature added to Preset page
- User Cab names can be shown in dialog (new button: "Load User Cab Names")
- Factory Cabs are sorted by speaker size/qty, "Mix" and "V9" cabs are grouped together
- GEQ block added BYPASS MODE control
- PEQ block added BYPASS MODE control
- Sysex status & message size shown for more message types on Preset page

Bug Fixes:
- Filter Block TYPE menu missing Band Pass option
- Improved display of Preset# when when using template w/ Standard/Ultra

Here is the new Cab Type dialog. In upper right corner the currently selected cab# is displayed.

IMG_0437.PNG

IMG_0436.PNG

I put the CUT control between the BOOST and FAT switch on the Amp page:
IMG_0438.PNG

New GEQ type dialog:
IMG_0439.PNG

Preset page has a few changes:
IMG_0441.PNG

Double happiness after an axe update come axe for lemur update.

Do you think this feature possible : a "?" Button wich can give you more information about parameter like a full name and small description in a popup? This would be very helpfull with all this parameters, however thx for all

Do you think this feature possible : a "?" Button wich can give you more information about parameter like a full name and small description in a popup? This would be very helpfull with all this parameters, however thx for all
Application memory is very limited, but I like the idea, learn as you go!

Double happiness after an axe update come axe for lemur update.

That's a great idea. But Solo Act is correct about the memory issue. Axe for Lemur uses almost all of the memory that Lemur provides, v3.06 of the template uses 97% of the available 32MB.

We've got a badass here who use 100% capabilities of the machines :)

Ok i can suggest also another empty template without midi function wich has exactly same basic visual and with this functionnality when you click it display some information.

Other suggest, do you thinkk it will be possible have a visual parametric equalizer like the display on the axe? :D

We've got a badass here who use 100% capabilities of the machines :)

Ok i can suggest also another empty template without midi function wich has exactly same basic visual and with this functionnality when you click it display some information.

Other suggest, do you thinkk it will be possible have a visual parametric equalizer like the display on the axe? :D
The EQ graphs can be queried, but there is no efficient way to display a line graph in Lemur. Maybe a future version of Lemur will make it possible.

Ok I'll wait for another future update if it possible, this is an easy way to set these eq parameter

I've forgot earlier, but donation send for your fantastic work and really usefull

I am about to post version 3.06 which shows the message size and status for more sysex message types. This is shown on the Preset page. If you are seeing red 'LEDs' this is indicating a problem with incoming sysex. What do you see there?

Also make sure you have the latest version of Lemur. It should be v4.03. The latest version handles incoming sysex messages better than the previous Lemur versions.

Great idea! MidiBridge is is an awesome app, solves lots of problems.

hi,
thanks for your support. the latest version of lemur is installed and i see only green status lights on the preset page.
but i notice that sysex size is much higher while connected via usb.
so i will try midibridge, i think the esi interface is the malefactor.
Does anyone know if the L6 midi mobilizer or irig midi is fully working?

cheers
peter

Ok I'll wait for another future update if it possible, this is an easy way to set these eq parameter

I've forgot earlier, but donation send for your fantastic work and really usefull
Thanks!
Faster than light! Much thanks David! :D

Cheers
Paco
Cheers :mrgreen

hi,
thanks for your support. the latest version of lemur is installed and i see only green status lights on the preset page.
but i notice that sysex size is much higher while connected via usb.
so i will try midibridge, i think the esi interface is the malefactor.
Does anyone know if the L6 midi mobilizer or irig midi is fully working?

cheers
peter
The message sizes should be the same with usb and midi if on the same preset.

Are you plugging the midi cables from the ESI iPad midi interface right into the AxeII?

I've read that both L6 Midi Mobilizer II and iRig work with Lemur.

Thanks!

Cheers :mrgreen

The message sizes should be the same with usb and midi if on the same preset.

Are you plugging the midi cables from the ESI iPad midi interface right into the AxeII?

I've read that both L6 Midi Mobilizer II and iRig work with Lemur.

yes, it's plugged right into the axe2. meanwhile i installed midibridge but the probklem stays the same.
i will return the esi cable and order the irig.

so people be aware of the esi ntour cx! i think it's not capable ao passing full sysex data.

cheers
peter

WooHoo Save function, that ROCKS!!!!

Some things I have realized. I have a macbook pro i7 and use an iPad 2 with it. The macbook runs both mountain lion and windows 7. I have tried using mountain lion but regularly run into issues where the AxeFxII locks up. I am guessing it has to do with the mac usb drivers. However, on the windows 7 side, I have never had any issues with the AxeFxII locking up. So, as you might have guessed, I am not using OSX for use with lemur or Axe for Lemur.

I recall reading that someone is using the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter to directly connect their iPad to the Axe-FX 2 when running Lemur. Aside from it being somewhat slower, are there any issues?

The wireless approach works well for me at home but it would be handy to plug my iPad in directly when I'm at a gig sometimes.

Thanks.

Terry.

I recall reading that someone is using the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter to directly connect their iPad to the Axe-FX 2 when running Lemur. Aside from it being somewhat slower, are there any issues?

The wireless approach works well for me at home but it would be handy to plug my iPad in directly when I'm at a gig sometimes.

Thanks.

Terry.

This is a request from axe fx, which can't actually support compliant usb 2.0 connection

Back
Top Bottom