Axe for Lemur v3.00 ready for prime time

Scrutinizer

Experienced
I'm happy to release v3.00 of my Lemur template Axe for Lemur.

Main Features (* = new in v3.00):
Supports AxeFX II v10.06, Ultra v11, and Standard v11
Supports rigs with up to four AxeFX devices
All blocks, and all parameters can be edited
* Modifiers can be assigned and edited, modifier curve is displayed on iPad screen
Most Control menu parameters can be edited (LFO1/2, ADSR1/2, SEQ)
* Layout grid is displayed and can be edited (AxeFX II mode only)
Auto Sync queries parameters as needed for displayed blocks
Synth block has a keyboard that can be played in real time, with 3 note polyphony or in mono mode
* Preset name can be edited using the familiar iPad keyboard layout
Favorite presets - 5 banks of 10 favorite presets can be saved (saves name and preset numbers)

Limitations:
No preset management
Global blocks not yet supported
Global EQ, Scales, Mix not yet supported
No Save button - still need to do that from the AxeFX front panel

The download links are in my sig below, please download the zip and pdf files. The pdf includes setup instructions and a guide for general use of the template.

Please back up your AxeFX presets and settings often, and be sure make a backup before you try the template.

Enjoy!

Excellent! I'm excited to see grid support!!

Thanks for everything you give back to the Fractal community.

Terry.

Around 48 hours from AxeFx firmware release, complete with new bad-ass features, AND done while in need of surgery. Scrutinizer is a machine!!

He's the Cliff version of axe-fx tablet editing software!

WoW David! I thought you were going to have your surgery and then think about releasing 3.0 after you recovered. At least I was kind of hoping that was your plan. Nothing is more important than you health. Very cool and generous of you to put up such a terrific effort to the benefit of us all. I am so glad I got to meet you at the Fest. Now go take care of your issues and have a quick and safe recovery.

You rock!!!!!

Thanks for the nice comments. Surgery is next week, man it has been a long wait. Can;t wait to get off these mind numbing meds.

Adding the new amps and cabs to support 10.06 is really easy. Takes about 10 minutes normally, and maybe an hour in the condition I am in, LOL.

Here are a few screenshots of the v3.00 template.

Layout Grid (AxeFX II mode only):
IMG_0408.PNG

IMG_0372.PNG

Modifiers:
Green text above the control indicates it is modifiable.
Red text above the control means that a modifier is attached.
Double tap inside the Fader or Knob to access the Modifier dialog.
IMG_0361.PNG

IMG_0407.PNG

Preset Page:
IMG_0357.PNG

Preset Name dialog pops up when you tap 'Edit Name':
IMG_0370.PNG

Amp Type dialog:
IMG_0387.PNG

Fantastic work. Keeps getting better and better.. I noticed in the layout view a few things

- When I move the modifier sometimes, it looks like some blocks disappear
- When adding a block I can hear the block I added but doesn't show in grid
- The connections from column to column or row to row sometimes have unintended consequences

Know a work in progress and truly fantastic so only making the points in case they haven't been reported

Best

MM

Fantastic work. Keeps getting better and better.. I noticed in the layout view a few things

- The connections from column to column or row to row sometimes have unintended consequences

Know a work in progress and truly fantastic so only making the points in case they haven't been reported

Best

MM

Scrutinizer - A few more things

-It doesn't look like all the enabled modifiers (in red?)are enabled. I have a few where I enable the block (say drive block) and they don't seem to respond to a double tap

- I wonder if there is a better way to enable the modifier screen versus double tapping as that sometimes adjusts the levels before gaining access to the modifiers.

I really love this thing. Paypal donation sent!

MM

Big thanks Scuntinizer again! New version is so impressive! New doors were opened again – the patch renaming feature is excellent! I love also the hidden features  - the ability to switch patches and scenes by note on commands – it works like charm with FCB1010 (…do I still want LF+… ;) ).
…just one thing… as much as I like the concept of new “layout” I’m missing old “MTX” view… on one page I could see state of all IAs – now we need to scroll to see them all in some patches. Well most probably as you have explained several times there are some limits of Lemur itself, so another page would be probably difficult to implement. Anyway – please consider this  Thanks!! You rock!

Not sure what you mean by "move the modifier". Are you moving a block and other blocks disappear from the grid?

Sounds like a bug that I need to better understand. In the meantime, when something unexpected happens while in the Layout page, you can try a tap-hold on the Layout button. This will query the bypass states, layout grid assignments, and the routes.

Does this occur when you are adding only one block? Or did it happen as you were adding a few blocks to the grid, one after another, like one might do when building a new preset using preset #383 as a blank canvas.

If you can repeat the problem using a sequence of actions in the template, try the same set of actions but pause for one or two seconds between placing each block, shunt, or route. The template wants to see a response from the AxeII each time you change something in the grid. There is a lockout mechanism and a timer that I hoped would guarantee the template receives the response before it allows the next change to the grid. Maybe the time-out period needs to be made longer. If that does not help, there must be some other issue that is causing the problem.

Please tell me more about the unintended consequences. Need more info to be able to comment.

Best

MM
Thanks!
Scrutinizer - A few more things

-It doesn't look like all the enabled modifiers (in red?)are enabled. I have a few where I enable the block (say drive block) and they don't seem to respond to a double tap
Is this the Bypass Mode parameter of the Drive block?

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to attach a modifier to the Bypass Mode parameter in each block. Using the AxeFX front panel, this parameter in most blocks can have a modifier attached. But so far I have not been able to figure out how to do this in the template. I am hoping this will be explained in the AxeFX II Midi Spec so we can have full control of modifiers.

- I wonder if there is a better way to enable the modifier screen versus double tapping as that sometimes adjusts the levels before gaining access to the modifiers.

I really love this thing. Paypal donation sent!

MM
The double tap might not be the best way to do it. I was trying to avoid creating new objects for each modifiable control, so the double tap was a way to get more functionality from the existing objects.

I think a better way would be to have a button that appears on top of each modifiable fader or knob, these buttons revealed when you double tap the Zoom button. Double tap on Zoom is already implemented ... in fact I forgot to explain that feature. It is for assigning modifiers to parameters like Delay Hold which are controlled by switches, pads, or custombuttons in the template. To assign a modifier to Delay Hold, double tap the Zoom then tap the Delay Hold button. This should bring up the Modifier dialog.

I wonder if there needs to be a control to adjust double tap sensitivity. Do you sometimes find that the template is ignoring your double tap because you did not tap fast enough? When the double tap is detected the template restores the control to its previous position, but if the double tap is too slow this does not happen.

Thanks for the bug reports! I'm sure there are other bugs, and I need help from the users to find them.

And thank you so much for the donation!

Sorry. I could have been clearer

- By "moving the modifier" I meant just stepping on the pedal that it is attached to. In my case, it was a volume pedal attached to ExtCtrl2
- I only tried adding one (a MultiTap delay) just to see how it would work. Added it to a blank column. Could hear it but was still blank in the grid after adding.

- Maybe I don't understand the best way to connect from one block to another in the grid. I was taking my finger and dragging from the right side of one block to the left side of the column and row below it and it wasnt working. I'll try again

- I did mean the bypass block. I use that a lot with modifiers so yes.

- That double tap may be better. I haven't fount it not to be sensitive - on the contrary. But it also adjusts the level based on WHERE you tap it.

Great stuff.

- Maybe I don't understand the best way to connect from one block to another in the grid. I was taking my finger and dragging from the right side of one block to the left side of the column and row below it and it wasnt working. I'll try again
OK, I understand now.

You can't make the routing connections by tap-dragging the small yellow dots that appear on the left and right side of each block. It does look like it is possible since you the yellow dots move when tapped. You will notice, however, that as soon as you release the dots they (usually) snap right back to the original position. There is a script that I wrote that does this, and it is designed to recover from the user accidentally tapping in the areas between grid columns.

To add or remove a connection between blocks, use the Insert Route and Delete Route buttons:
- tap Insert Route button
- tap a location on the grid that contains a shunt or block
- the location you tapped will be highlighted with purple lines
- tap a location, on an adjacent row, that contains a shunt or block
- the template sends the command to the AxeFX requesting a new route be created between the two blocks
- the template queries the bypass and routing states
- the routing grid is updated when the response is received

Note that the template will not allow you to place a route between blocks that are not in adjacent columns. In a future release I might be able to have the template add multiple shunts/routes as needed to connect blocks in non-adjacent rows. But right now each shunt and each route needs to be placed separately.

OK, I understand now.

You can't make the routing connections by tap-dragging the small yellow dots that appear on the left and right side of each block. It does look like it is possible since you the yellow dots move when tapped. You will notice, however, that as soon as you release the dots they (usually) snap right back to the original position. There is a script that I wrote that does this, and it is designed to recover from the user accidentally tapping in the areas between grid columns.

To add or remove a connection between blocks, use the Insert Route and Delete Route buttons:
- tap Insert Route button
- tap a location on the grid that contains a shunt or block
- the location you tapped will be highlighted with purple lines
- tap a location, on an adjacent row, that contains a shunt or block
- the template sends the command to the AxeFX requesting a new route be created between the two blocks
- the template queries the bypass and routing states
- the routing grid is updated when the response is received

Note that the template will not allow you to place a route between blocks that are not in adjacent columns. In a future release I might be able to have the template add multiple shunts/routes as needed to connect blocks in non-adjacent rows. But right now each shunt and each route needs to be placed separately.

Got it.

By the way ,the ZOOM double tap to enable the modifier is good. I wonder if you can do that and select text of the parameter to control or get a list of modifiable paramters in the block you were in. You know best .

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom