Axe Fest - The Dutch Version, 30 november 2013 @ Wisseloord Studio's, Hilversum

Another idea: comparison of foot pedals
Oh, and my preference: ABDEC

As a foot controller freak I would like that. But, IMHO, the event is not a good place to do that.

This event will be different from the previous ones. GLP is doing a great job. It will be more organised, there's a program. There will be many people.
For other people to follow the comparison, a camera / screen would be required, and displaying controller possibilities would take programming on the spot and that just takes too long.

Also, it is a sponsored event (G66). This enables people to attend for free. While there are no restrictions to talk about anything, of course, I doubt if it's the right place to compare other products and conclude that "product X" is so much better than the MFC, hypothetically. ;-)

As a foot controller freak I would like that. But, IMHO, the event is not a good place to do that.
I wasn't talking about the foot controllers, I asked about that in a previous post, but about the pedals.
Mission engineering
Roland FV500
Ernie Ball...
For example, I'm using the FV500 but it has a dead zone. And I would like something with more travel.
So I would like to compare this pedal to some other models if possible.

For other people to follow the comparison, a camera / screen would be required, and displaying controller possibilities would take programming on the spot and that just takes too long.
I can relate to that.
Ideally you'd have people with different foot controllers (one of each) and a user that knows it well.
People could then ask how each one would handle a certain task.
For example:
Scenes.
As you know, with the Gordius, you don't need scenes.
But how do you handle that with the MFC, or the Liquid foot...

If there's enough interest, we could ask the attendees to send in their requests, and let the users of different foot controllers post a solution.
The different solutions could then be presented on the Axe-fest.
Not to prove which is better but just to show what the options and differences are.

Just an idea.

Reactions: yek
@ MisterE: The program is already jampacked with presentations and demo's.
However you can try and compare during the TIFY (Try It For Yourself)
If you want that, just send me a PM, then I reserve a block for you.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend due to work commitments. GibsonLesPaul, will have already passed by my place, but in any case have a great time there all who do attend.

Pre Axe-Fest Meet

For those who arrive already on friday evening, we can meet up together for some good talks if you like.
We are in Rex Hilversum, around 21:30

See for more info and address: Rex Hilversum

Last edited:
Hey guys,

looking forward to this Saturday.
Part prepared, part improvised, part question-and-answer.
And great performances (not by me).

If you have specific questions, post 'm here so we can get to them on that day.

Note that there will be visitors who don't own a Axe-Fx yet, so they'll be addressed too.
Don't worry though, it won't turn into a "Buy Tupperware" party.

I'm looking forward to next saturday as well! I do have a specific question already:
What are the specific ways to set up the Axe FX for reamping during:
1. Tracking guitars
2. Mixing the guitars in the big picture (also known as 'the song' ;)).

Furthermore a major thumbs up to Carl: Thanks for making it all possible. It is greatly appreciated!

I'll see if I can fit in a short reamp demo.

Regarding mixing: you'll be at Wisseloord. I'm pretty sure there will be people who know all about fitting guitars in a mix. :)

Are you gonna win one of the surprise give-aways of Mission Engineering or Stomplabel ??
Keep the number you get by your entrance and you'll know!

How do you keep your Axe-Fx in control.....?
Another presentation saturday about those settings you always wanted to know.

Back
Top Bottom