Axe-Edit stuck in full-screen...sort of...

Rex

Dignified but Approachable
I hit some combination of keystrokes (no idea what they were), and Axe-Edit jumped to full-screen mode. Not complete full screen—the actual edit window is still the same size—but the background of the window covers the entire screen. It's the same color as the background of the edit window.

I can drag the window around by its title bar, but it remains full size, even after I close the app and reopen it.

Running Win7x64.

You probably hit windows key + up arrow, which maximizes. Normally win + down would restore but it doesn't work with AE.

If you go to users/(username)/appdata/roaming/fractal audio/axe-edit/ and delete the Axe-Edit.settings file it recreates the file with the right size values when you run AE next. Or if you prefer, you can open it in notepad and change the window state values to this:

<VALUE name="MAIN_WINDOW_STATE" val="0 0 1026 678"/>

First 2 numbers are top left coordinates, last 2 are window size.

Reactions: Rex
Thanks, Bakerman. Editing the file worked like a charm. I also tweaked the top-left coordinates to start it up in the middle of the screen.

I would have missed the old values of "0 0 1920 1200" if the extra real estate had actually been used by Axe-Edit. :)

Is this a known bug, or should I post a bug report?

Rex, beta testers will try to duplicate, and open an official bug entry if needed.
Many of us have Fri/Sat gigs, so maybe one of our non-US based folks (hint, hint) can try to duplicate.
thanks for reporting..

Rex, beta testers will try to duplicate, and open an official bug entry if needed...
Thanks!

FYI, I've verified the same behavior in 3.01 (I just learned of its existence today).

OK .. behavior confirmed on Windows.
Only recourse is to delete the settings file or to modify it per Bakemans's suggestions above... will open "bug" on behavior and let Dev team determine outcome.

Off to gig...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom