Axe Edit reflecting MIDI scene changes?

tfodor

Inspired
Hey guys,

Dug a bit, and couldn't come up with anything.

Is there a way to make sure Axe Edit reflects the changing scenes on my FCB1010?

Thanks!

TF

nope. Axe-Edit was designed to be the primary source of control if it is being used.

well... i'm sure there's some crazy way using a ton of other gear, but the simple answer i believe is no.

I think you can send MIDI codes to change scenes (MFC and AE do), but I don't recall what they are, but it has been discussed on the forum. Do a thorough search...

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking, but if you have midi controller connected to the Axe Fx while Axe Edit is also connected and then change scenes, Axe Edit will reflect those changes.

I do it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking, but if you have midi controller connected to the Axe Fx while Axe Edit is also connected and then change scenes, Axe Edit will reflect those changes.

I do it all the time.

I understand your question TF.
I've been spending all weekend trying to make the 1010 work as I want it to, but I'm nowhere close :-(

I want it to change scenes, and it does.....but the leds are all messed up. And that's what you're asking, right? Is there a way to have the 1010 show that you are on scene...3, and that is the only led lit.

Apart from that, tap tempo is also a weird one.
I think I've given up now and pull up the old pod....

Ken

I understand your question TF.
I've been spending all weekend trying to make the 1010 work as I want it to, but I'm nowhere close :-(

I want it to change scenes, and it does.....but the leds are all messed up. And that's what you're asking, right? Is there a way to have the 1010 show that you are on scene...3, and that is the only led lit.

Apart from that, tap tempo is also a weird one.
I think I've given up now and pull up the old pod....

Ken

I do it all the time.

Hey guys,

Sort of. Say I have preset 1 selected, which defaults to scene 1. When I press stomp 7 on the FCB, it should move to scene 2, which is does. However, it does not change to scene 2 on Axe Edit. I haven't had a chance to try 3.1.1 but maybe that will fix it. I'm hoping that the guys who posted above are mistaken, but if not, it doesn't look so good!

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Sort of. Say I have preset 1 selected, which defaults to scene 1. When I press stomp 7 on the FCB, it should move to scene 2, which is does. However, it does not change to scene 2 on Axe Edit. I haven't had a chance to try 3.1.1 but maybe that will fix it. I'm hoping that the guys who posted above are mistaken, but if not, it doesn't look so good!

Thanks!

It should just work... I've done that with a GCP, an FCB1010 and my Gordius LGX2.

Are you positive your scene change is actually working?

Note that there will be a gap in the timing for both Axe Fx and Axe Edit if you change patches or scenes via midi while Axe Edit is running, as it wants to be the master.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I have some serious MIDI programming issues... lol

So basically, scene 1 has no drive, and scene 2 has drive. Now, my axe doesn't even change scenes, but it does kick my drive on and off. Stombox mode somehow?! Gah. This is a mess.

Those are the same value for both... But they are NOT the default CC for scene control.

Scenes are changed with CC #34, and various data values from 0-7 (or other modulo 8 values between 0-127)... Unless you changed the default CC for scenes on the Axe Fx.

My guess is that CC #26 is probably for drive block 1.

how did you determine those were the values to be set?

Do you mean how I read them? That's via FCBControlCenter.

As for setting them, I'm not entirely sure to be honest. A bit embarrassed, as I think if I remember correctly I had loaded up someone's .syx that seemed to be working how I wanted it to. Next thing I know college mid terms come up, I get stuck scoring a friends film, and I pick up the Axe again and notice this problem.

EDIT: Yep.. Drive Block on/off is set to 26 right now on my Axe.

Even still, is there a way to make the drive block show it's current state on Axe Edit? I guess this still goes back to my original question a bit.

As for setting them, I'm not entirely sure to be honest. A bit embarrassed, as I think if I remember correctly I had loaded up someone's .syx that seemed to be working how I wanted it to. Next thing I know college mid terms come up, I get stuck scoring a friends film, and I pick up the Axe again and notice this problem.

Even still, is there a way to make the drive block show it's current state on Axe Edit? I guess this still goes back to my original question a bit.

Still should be the same... Changing settings via midi should be reflected in AE... But I don't currently do that, so I can't confirm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nothing to be embarrassed about. i just wanted to confirm that you didn't think 26 was scenes or read that somewhere.

yes, if you want that switch to change to a Scene, you need to change the CC number from 26 to 34, and then give that switch a particular value like 0, for Scene 1, 1 for Scene 2, etc. this is all in the Scenes mini-manual available on the Fractal support website.

i highly recommend keeping the Axe-Fx Control menu set to default values and change the FCB instead. so don't change 26 to 34 on the axe; it will cause a ton of problems later and make it very hard to troubleshoot.

as for the Drive turning on in Axe-Edit, again, Axe-Edit is intended to be the "master" controller and midi commands sent to the Axe-Fx via footswitch or other unit won't update Axe-Edit.

Scenes might actually change in Axe-Edit since that is a bigger operation than a block engage/bypass.

nothing to be embarrassed about. i just wanted to confirm that you didn't think 26 was scenes or read that somewhere.

yes, if you want that switch to change to a Scene, you need to change the CC number from 26 to 34, and then give that switch a particular value like 0, for Scene 1, 1 for Scene 2, etc. this is all in the Scenes mini-manual available on the Fractal support website.

i highly recommend keeping the Axe-Fx Control menu set to default values and change the FCB instead. so don't change 26 to 34 on the axe; it will cause a ton of problems later and make it very hard to troubleshoot.

as for the Drive turning on in Axe-Edit, again, Axe-Edit is intended to be the "master" controller and midi commands sent to the Axe-Fx via footswitch or other unit won't update Axe-Edit.

Scenes might actually change in Axe-Edit since that is a bigger operation than a block engage/bypass.

Have you actually confirmed that?

I just remembered that I do use my LGX to turn both the wah and whammy on, and AE definitely reflects that.

Ok... Only read the 2nd link, but it explains why it works for me, as I have wah and whammy blocks that both have a modifier on bypass :)

Back
Top Bottom