Wish Axe-Edit (NOT Axe FX!) as a plugin!

NY Guitarist

Power User
My Fractal wish is for a AU or VST version of Axe-Edit so I can use the Axe FX the same as a plugin (IF I want) but with the advantage of being in a portable box that I can take anywhere rather than being locked to a computer system.

I know I'm sort of spamming this idea but I think this would take the Axe (and Fractal Audio) to a new level.

+1

I've been thinking about the exact same thing, but held off on wishing for this as I haven't got my AFX3 yet (2 more weeks!!!).

There is a 3rd party plug-in, IIRC, that you can put on a track and it recalls the preset you used. But being able to real-time contol individual settings on the AFX3 by a plug-in that could, for example, automate modifiers or preset/scene changes and so on and so forth and saves project-specific settings and miscellania - I'd imagine that would be boss.

+1

I've been thinking about the exact same thing, but held off on wishing for this as I haven't got my AFX3 yet (2 more weeks!!!).

There is a 3rd party plug-in, IIRC, that you can put on a track and it recalls the preset you used. But being able to real-time contol individual settings on the AFX3 by a plug-in that could, for example, automate modifiers or preset/scene changes and so on and so forth and saves project-specific settings and miscellania - I'd imagine that would be boss.
I agree with everything you said!

Here's the thread with GlennO's Axe-Capture plugin: Axe-Capture

Seems we are the only ones who think so.

Would be nice to have your AFX's BPM automatically synced to your DAW... (provided Axe-Capture doesn't do that somehow, I haven't had a chance to try it yet.)

(Edit: Damn typos and legibility!)

This would be awesome - also (or alternatively), within Axe Edit, have a block that enabled you to insert any VST you have installed (including Cab Lab which would be super useful also). Appreciate that this wouldn't be able to translate to the physical device - would require that you're running Axe Edit.

This would be awesome - also (or alternatively), within Axe Edit, have a block that enabled you to insert any VST you have installed (including Cab Lab which would be super useful also). Appreciate that this wouldn't be able to translate to the physical device - would require that you're running Axe Edit.
I'll bump this up for the Fractal folks to see again.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but Axe-Edit is just a control interface for the hardware, so as @mr_fender just mentioned it wouldn't make sense, the way it is now. But you might be on to something here. If the Axe-Fx was configured as an external audio/midi device... maybe?

@GlennO worked on the Omnisphere UI. Aside from being a world standard synth Omnisphere's UI can be used to control external hardware synths.

I know nothing about programming but in my child-like naivete hope porting the already built Axe-Edit into a AU/VST wrapper would be something Fractal would consider. Seems like Axe-Capture is part way there. And, as with Axe-Edit standalone, make it so it won't open without the Axe-FX connected.

I understand that this is going way above and beyond for Fractal so I would be willing to pay for this plugin like other add-ons such as the Cab Packs.

Last edited:
FYI, Access has an editor plugin that is very similar to what this thread is requesting. IIRC, @Admin M@ played a role in developing that while he was working there. It's a very handy plugin.

One useful feature this plugin could have is: a single click to perform the currently arduous task of defining an external control, attaching it to a parameter, then setting up the midi in the DAW. That would make automation of changes on the Axe-FX in a DAW a breeze.

One useful feature this plugin could have is: a single click to perform the currently arduous task of defining an external control, attaching it to a parameter, then setting up the midi in the DAW. That would make automation of changes on the Axe-FX in a DAW a breeze.
That's the dream!

Blue Cat Audio Remote Control might be helpful for automation. It is pretty flexible and fairly easy to program presets. I just started using it to control midi devices that don't have editors. They also have plug in script for more in depth programming. A lot more work up front for that though.

Blue Cat Audio Remote Control might be helpful for automation. It is pretty flexible and fairly easy to program presets. I just started using it to control midi devices that don't have editors. They also have plug in script for more in depth programming. A lot more work up front for that though.
Thanks, this looks interesting so I'll dig into the info when I have the chance.

Back
Top Bottom