Axe-Edit III 1.06.03

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit III 1.06.03 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

PLEASE NOTE:

Starting with firmware 12.10, Axe-Edit III 1.06.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the Axe-Fx III.
Previous versions of Axe-Edit III (versions 1.05.13 or less) will not work with firmware 12.10 or greater.
Axe-Edit III 1.06.00 (or greater) works with firmware 12.09.

It is recommended that you install Axe-Edit III 1.06.03 before installing firmware 12.10.
If you have already installed firmware 12.10, please power down the Axe-Fx III and update the editor manually from the Settings / "Check for Updates..." menu or by downloading the installer from the website.

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.06.03
JULY 10, 2020

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 12.12

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected a bug in Manage Cabs that prevented "Min Phase" and "Auto-Trim" processing on IR files in .wav format.

* Added the Modifier graphic to the vertical slider controls.

* Renamed the SETUP / "USB/AES" page to "Input Levels" and added the "A/D INPUT LEVELS" controls.

I download it but it doesn't install... even if I download it directly from the website or change download folder. The message that appears it's the one attached

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 20
Thank you for the update, Michael.

I have an issue with this version. The window is so big that it goes outside of the screen boundaries. I cannot use it.

Has there been some change at the window interface?

I attach a screenshot

2020-07-11 09_14_19-Axe-Edit III.png

* Corrected a bug in Manage Cabs that prevented "Min Phase" and "Auto-Trim" processing on IR files in .wav format.

Thanks!

I imported hundreds of Ownhammer cabs "min phase" .wav files into the Axe FXIII with Axe Edit 1.06.01 recently.

Does this mean they were not converted correctly and I should delete them all and re-import them with Axe Edit 1.06.03?

I can't get Axe Edit to accept the new 1.06.03 update, I've tried several times and it says I'm still on 1.06.01 ... It accepted .01 just fine, I don't think I'm doing anything different. I do the usual drag and drop to Applications, etc. etc.

Thanks

I have never had an issue updating axe edit. as soon as i open axe edit it automatically pops up the update box.
I can't get Axe Edit to accept the new 1.06.03 update, I've tried several times and it says I'm still on 1.06.01 ... It accepted .01 just fine, I don't think I'm doing anything different. I do the usual drag and drop to Applications, etc. etc.

Thanks

Thanks

Close Axe-Edit
Download the new installer separately (from the link in the first post)
Run installer

Does that work better?

Close Axe-Edit
Download the new installer separately (from the link in the first post)
Run installer

Does that work better?

YEP! Got it now... I think I had it all along, the problem was most likely that I hadn't closed 1.06.01 and it's still in my app folder, (I usually save the previous version in case there's a problem and i have to go back, as suggested) so I had to close that, and open the new one. But I'm sure you already knew that :wink:. Thanks again, U.G. :blush:.

Hmm, maybe I'm ready for that sysex code now o_O 🤣.

Open a patch, change your cab, now go to the next patch, up or down...it’s not loading or showing the cab that is supposed to be in the patch and still shows the cab that you selected on the previous patch. Bug?

did you save it before you changed to another preset? that would cause that issue if you did not save it.
Open a patch, change your cab, now go to the next patch, up or down...it’s not loading or showing the cab that is supposed to be in the patch and still shows the cab that you selected on the previous patch. Bug?

did you save it before you changed to another preset? that would cause that issue if you did not save it.
You misread the bug....shouldn’t matter if I saved the patch or not. When I go to another preset, it does not load the cab that is in that preset. it remains the cab that I selected to change on the preset prior. I guess what I am trying to say is that if I make any changes to a preset (let’s say patch #1), regardless if I save it or not, when going to another preset (let’s say patch #2) the new preset (#2) does not load up properly and any of the changes, different cab, different amp model made in the first preset now shows up in the newly load preset (#2) and preset 2 only loads up to how it is supposed to load when I hit revert preset. Anyway, I’ll just wait for another version of axe edit to come out and will make changes on the front. For clarification, this only happens when axe edit is being used

Back
Top Bottom