Axe-Edit III 1.04.02 RC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Use the links below to download a Axe-Edit III version 1.04.02 rc 1 for use with firmware 12.00 public beta 2 or greater.

Links removed 1/31/2020: Please see the lastest posting at https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-05-00.157975/

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.04.02 RC 1
JANUARY 24, 2020

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 11.01

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 12.00 public beta 2
o Added layout for "FAS Express" to AMP block.
o Added "Trigger Threshold" parameter to the TREMOLO block.
o Added "Low Cut" and "High Cut" parameters to the CONTROLLERS block "Envelope/Manual"page.
o Added "Low Cut Slope" and "High Cut Slope" parameters to the DELAY block "EQ" page.
o Redesigned the FLANGER layout.
o Redesigned the PHASER layout.
o Added "Quantize" parameter to the PHASER block.
o Added "Quantize" parameter to the FILTER block "LFO" page.
o Added image for "astable" LFO Type dropdown.
o Updated message used for getting the block parameters so as not to cause audio dropout.
o Updated DRIVE for "OD 250" type and 3-state "Graphic EQ" parameter.
o Updated TREMOLO for "Optical Trem" type.
o Updated REVERB for "Stack/Hold" parameter.
o Updated PLEX DELAY for "Stack/Hold" parameter.
o Updated DELAY for "Repeat Stack/Hold" parameter.
o Updated PEQ to toggle the Gain and Slope parameters for Band 1 and Band 5.

Last edited:
Thanks, but I'm of those that are experiencing severe slow down, to the point it feels unusable. Never any problems with past versions, it first raised it's head on last beta, but I rolled back to 11.X release and previous Edit software and things went back to normal and I hoped my problems would go away with next version, but they haven't.

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.16. Several seconds between scene changes, patch changes, initializing blocks, etc. etc.

I do use a very long USB cable but don't have another to try. But again, all was fine before. Appreciate the efforts, thanks.

Thank you very much for the quick update. Just an observation. I've never timed it before, but it's taking a very long time to read block definitions.

Yep, like 5+ minutes never saw that before
Maybe it's just us LOL. Now it's taking up to 30 seconds to engage a block or change block type for me as well. I'm on Cliff's favorite OS of the Winders 10 variety. I even tried the universal fix for everything electronic and turned it off and back on. ;)

My definitions updated automatically after upgrade, but in an effort to try to figure this out, I initiated a refresh from the Settings menu I'm currently at 13 minutes and still reading definitions. Once this finishes I'm gonna unhook my FC 6 and reboot everything. There's gotta be something unique as most aren't reporting issues so far.

Maybe it's just us LOL. Now it's taking up to 30 seconds to engage a block or change block type for me as well. I'm on Cliff's favorite OS of the Winders 10 variety. I even tried the universal fix for everything electronic and turned it off and back on. ;)
Do you also have a long USB cable like @examiner?
Mine is 5 meters and have just installed this RC release - currently reading definitions and looks very slow.

If it's still slow to change scenes I'm going to try a shorter cable

My definitions updated automatically after upgrade, but in an effort to try to figure this out, I initiated a refresh from the Settings menu I'm currently at 13 minutes and still reading definitions. Once this finishes I'm gonna unhook my FC 6 and reboot everything. There's gotta be something unique as most aren't reporting issues so far.
I'm actually reading quite a few on the firmware thread saying it's running unacceptably slow. I'm sure it will get sorted out. At least it didn't blow up :D

Do you also have a long USB cable like @examiner?
Mine is 5 meters and have just installed this RC release - currently reading definitions and looks very slow.

If it's still slow to change scenes I'm going to try a shorter cable
It was fine right before I did the update. I highly doubt updating firmware broke my USB cable or is more sensitive to length. I've been wrong about other things though.

Okay, I've isolated the issue and can reproduce the it on my system at least.

It's my FC6. When I unhook the FC6 (don't even need to reboot Axe or Edit, just unplug the FasLink cable), my AxeEdit behaves as normal, with response times that i'm used to. Plug the FC6 back in - it's molasses. Can anybody else confirm?

It's my FC6. When I unhook the FC6 (don't even need to reboot Axe or Edit, just unplug the FasLink cable), my AxeEdit behaves as normal, with response times that i'm used to. Plug the FC6 back in - it's molasses. Can anybody else confirm?
Try this, it worked for me. Back to normal.

I fixed my issue.
1. Uninstall Axe Edit and the USB driver (unplug the USB cable).
2. Reinstall the USB driver and then Axe Edit.

**EDIT:

Update: FW 12b and AxeEdit 1.04.02RC1 - all my slowness (painful) has gone away.
5 meter USB2 cable (into my screen hub, then 50cm to macmini), FC12 plugged in
MacOS 10.14.6

I still see AxeEdit takes about 2-3 seconds to show any settings if I browse to a new block or page, like it's drawing the screen as it gets the settings from the hardware.
Not that this is a problem - just an observation.

EDIT to add - slowness has returned, changing presets with FC12, AxeEdit doesn't update to the new preset, or seem to respond at all.
Pause communications button for example, does nothing.

Last edited:

Good catch, verified and confirmed exactly what you said with my FC-12. Hopefully that helps @Michael Pickens
Added: FC-12 works fine when plugged back in. Used Frac Pad v3.25 and it takes awhile to load but once loaded it works fine unlike the new version of AXE-EDIT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom