Axe Edit 3 error reproduction

coder2k

Axe Edit 3 error reproduction (solved)

Hi there,

since version 3 still isn't working for me after trying out everything I read, I made this video to describe how the error occurs:

Would be great if someone has an advise (or if there will be a new Axe Edit version soon that works here).

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Updating to firmware 12 solved the problem :)

Last edited:
Have you tried select the Axe-FX SUB in/out ports under Settings.. Preferences..General menu after the comm failure ??

You mean this, right?
View attachment 18148
If these ports weren't selected, Axe Edit wouldn't connect to the device, so yes, I selected the right ports.
I'm just running thru my list of things to check, not asking if you had selected the right ports.
The only other thing I can suggest - since ur video shows you've done most of the standard things - is check whether you are connecting to a USB 3.0 port on your PC. The drivers appear to be connecting based on video. You definitely should avoid USB hubs, but on Win7, USB 3.0 drivers are not generic. Some vendors work with AE, some appear not to.
I'm running (among other OS'es..) Win7x64 and I have NO USB 2.0 ports on my PC. My USB 3.0 system drivers happen to work with the FAS stuff, and I have not had these connections issues (except once during an AE Beta Build test).

I have a very similar system and also have a connection problem.

In my case I have never connected. Your video is the first time I've seen a green check mark in that upper left corner!

I've been working with support and hopefully it'll get straightened out. Best of luck to you!

I'm just running thru my list of things to check, not asking if you had selected the right ports.
The only other thing I can suggest - since ur video shows you've done most of the standard things - is check whether you are connecting to a USB 3.0 port on your PC. The drivers appear to be connecting based on video. You definitely should avoid USB hubs, but on Win7, USB 3.0 drivers are not generic. Some vendors work with AE, some appear not to.
I'm running (among other OS'es..) Win7x64 and I have NO USB 2.0 ports on my PC. My USB 3.0 system drivers happen to work with the FAS stuff, and I have not had these connections issues (except once during an AE Beta Build test).

I changed the USB port several times and tried both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. Tried both with and without using a USB hub...had no effect either. I'm in contact with the support now and I hope they can help me...

I changed the USB port several times and tried both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. Tried both with and without using a USB hub...had no effect either. I'm in contact with the support now and I hope they can help me...
Seems like you have tried most things... hopefully support can get it resolved...
One other thing.. did you try a different USB cable?

Back
Top Bottom