AXE CAE SE3+ with Redwirez Marshall 1960A cab

Edge59

Inspired
I had just gotten my Red Wirez download and went direct into my Reaper program.
http://www.myspace.com/goforthsound
Click on to the Sample: CAE SE3+ with Red Wirez cab.
We were trying to get somewhat of a Luke tone munus the fingers ;)
Any suggestions? I love this Ultra!
Thanks!
Ed :D

Edge59 said:
I had just gotten my Red Wirez download and went direct into my Reaper program.
http://www.myspace.com/goforthsound
Click on to the Sample: CAE SE3+ with Red Wirez cab.
We were trying to get somewhat of a Luke tone munus the fingers ;)
Any suggestions? I love this Ultra!
Thanks!
Ed :D

I thought it was very Luke like...great job Ed :)

Mark

GREAT SOUND!!

Just have to ask... Music Man HD130? Is that from the Axe or is it an MM HD130??

Hi Kriig,
That was a Musicman HD-130 bass head that I modded for a guitar player in Canada a couple years ago. He wanted a David Gilmour-like tone. It has channel switching, effects loop and some Eric Clapton mods and my own. The output was then sent to my Weber 100 watt MASS load box with attenuator then into my Palmer PDI-09 speaker sim, then into the Tascam 788.
Thanks for asking Kriig!
Ed :cool:

Well thank you very much Mr. Strickland :)
When I did mods for long distance customers I would do sound clips for them to hear the changes, and see if there was any changes to be made before shipping. It was fun! The cool thing I really like about the Axe Fx is that you can mod your own amp sounds and not hurt anything as long you stay out of the box and just tweek the settings :) Also theres such a great support here at the forum to help others get through most issues and folks who are willing to share there patches etc. plus Cliff is always striving to improve the products and so far we can update our units for free without having to buy a new chassis or pay for upgrades, thats something you do not see these days! :D

Nice clips Ed! I liked them all. Btw, I have a version of your RD50 fusion jam on my site. I can PM the link if you have not heard it and want to check it out.

Wow! thank you all for the complements, I did not think I would get this much response from my playing as I might for the tones of the Axe/Red Wirez! Hearing from such great players as yourselves, it is very much appreciated! Thank you :) I am very excited about the tones the Axe can cop and since I have some experience in amp modding/building, I love the exchange here of tones etc. So I wanted to post the clip of the Axe/Red Wirez combination, I still like a lot of the stock Axe IR's as well and as Scott P. has said, the the Red Wirez have different placements which really are great for tweeking the tones, I just wish I could mix the IR's like he is, great idea Scott! Thank you Scott L for the great Dumble patch! Its really PHATT! :) Gil Ayan is a friend of mine and has shared a lot of his experience with tube amps as well, great guy! He has helped many people with their amps and modding. I would like a copy of the link you mentioned Scott, for that Fusion tune and anything you offer, I really like your playing :D I would like to check out some of the scales you use for playing "out" over your posted Steely Dan clip sometime, I just love Lerning ;) new things like that! Happy new year to all of you and I hope the new year is good to you all,
Ed :)

Gil is really good friend of mine as well! He helped me way back when with the Dumble stuff!! We hang every NAMM.

Here is the clip of the fusion RD50 thing. http://scottlernermusic.com/music/SLX50 ... Groove.mp3

Anything I can do on the scale thing, just ask.

Edge59 said:
Wow! thank you all for the complements, I did not think I would get this much response from my playing as I might for the tones of the Axe/Red Wirez! Hearing from such great players as yourselves, it is very much appreciated! Thank you :) I am very excited about the tones the Axe can cop and since I have some experience in amp modding/building, I love the exchange here of tones etc. So I wanted to post the clip of the Axe/Red Wirez combination, I still like a lot of the stock Axe IR's as well and as Scott P. has said, the the Red Wirez have different placements which really are great for tweeking the tones, I just wish I could mix the IR's like he is, great idea Scott! Thank you Scott L for the great Dumble patch! Its really PHATT! :) Gil Ayan is a friend of mine and has shared a lot of his experience with tube amps as well, great guy! He has helped many people with their amps and modding. I would like a copy of the link you mentioned Scott, for that Fusion tune and anything you offer, I really like your playing :D I would like to check out some of the scales you use for playing "out" over your posted Steely Dan clip sometime, I just love Lerning ;) new things like that! Happy new year to all of you and I hope the new year is good to you all,
Ed :)

Hi Scott L. What scales would you say are used more for the outside approach on the minor 7th etc. I vagely remember Carlton's video showing him playing a minor 7th chord and what I remember something like playing the minor scale 1/2 step or 1 fret below or above for that "Playing out" sound :) Would you care to elaborate a little on that?
Thanks,
Ed

Back
Top Bottom