Axe 3, you say? TigerSHARCs are phased out without replacement, it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if I understand, better to order now one of the last FX2XL units and have the best hardware possible for the next century....?!So the world don't need powerfull DSP anymore...
Easy to guess that Cliff will optimise a little his magic algorithms but no hope for major improvements...
Interesting first post.

You're drawing a lot of unsupported conclusions here.

Just googled TigerSharc and very surprised to see that it was mainly used in AxeFx and Origin Synth by Arturia.

I think the main use of powerful DSPs is the military. That they are useful for professional audio applications is a small side effect.

So no good news? Analogue Device didn't announced TigerSharc new generation?
Seems that AxeFX 3 will just be a cosmetic update... maybe some iPad companion App (I mean "by Cliff") and maybe an AxeFX plugin?
Helix Plugin has been announced this namm and it's quite interesting as it share the same architecture as AX8... so not impossible to see an AX8 plugin with secret sauce USB audio interface with security dongle included? No?
I don't use Axe FX for live (I'm a pharmacist guys!) and only for little a recording and high pleasure moments.

Seems that AxeFX 3 will just be a cosmetic update...
More unsupported conclusions. In four months as a forum member, all your posts have been worries about the TigerSharc. Relax, my brother, and enjoy making music. The Axe III, however many years away it is, will slay.

Last edited:
AD should have at least reduced the process node, one reason they were super expensive... but I guess there wasn't money on that...

With a process node reduction, you could have potentially... increased clock speeds and of course, much cheaper prices since they could make more per wafer.

Seems that AxeFX 3 will just be a cosmetic update... maybe some iPad companion App (I mean "by Cliff") and maybe an AxeFX plugin?
Helix Plugin has been announced this namm and it's quite interesting as it share the same architecture as AX8... so not impossible to see an AX8 plugin with secret sauce USB audio interface with security dongle included? No?
I don't use Axe FX for live (I'm a pharmacist guys!) and only for little a recording and high pleasure moments.

AD should have at least reduced the process node, one reason they were super expensive... but I guess there wasn't money on that...

With a process node reduction, you could have potentially... increased clock speeds and of course, much cheaper prices since they could make more per wafer.
Except everyone (I'm talking military here, since they are by far the largest user) that uses them would have to go through a complete recertification process... which with how extensively these are used... that would be a rather amount of money.

Hi!
Apparently, the only way to get more horsepower without rewriting all the code and algorithms for next gen of AxeFX without TigerSHARC is multi-DSP architecture...
Ok I know that adding a dsp also adds latency. But is that a problem? AxeFX2 latency is about 0,6ms for the processing and 0,4 for converters. So adding some Sharc dsp (one for each Amp, on for cab, two for effects) would only add minor latency (2,4ms in serie without optimisation?)
So for regular humans that can't feel any difference is that a bad way to go?
(Better than waiting 10 years that iPad ARM could handle AxeFX app or Cliff to rewrite the magic for floating point FPGAs....!)

I feel concerned because I have an AX8 that runs well and want to upgrade. But with AxeFX3 !

wait... if the tiger sharks are going extinct, then what happens in 5 years if our Fractals go bad and need a new Tiger Shark? Is it just going to be a dead piece of equipment at that time or one that can never recapture its original tone in the same way?

wait... if the tiger sharks are going extinct, then what happens in 5 years if our Fractals go bad and need a new Tiger Shark? Is it just going to be a dead piece of equipment at that time or one that can never recapture its original tone in the same way?
This is not how chips work. There will be shelved stock for repairs.

Reactions: Rex

Perhaps you could connect with Logan 5 and see how they deal with the lack of Tiger Sharks.

The Axe 3 will be powered by modial interaction of magneto reluctance and capacitive duractance. The six hydrocoptic marzelvanes will be so fitted to the ambifascient lunar wing shaft that side fumbling will be effectively prevented.

Perhaps you could connect with Logan 5 and see how they deal with the lack of Tiger Sharks.

Carousel is a lie! There is no renewal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom