AXE 3 vs EVH. Must see for anyone who still says the AXE is for effects only.

I don't understand the point of that video. He was not comparing apples to apples. So, why even spend the time to make the vid?
The only thing I got out of it was that he was trying to make the Fender TMP sound bad.
if you are an influencer and you want to get more visu this is the way
14.500 in three days means about 20$ and lot of people visit and subscribe the channel
If you make a tutorial "how to" you get 1/20 viualization.
This what most of the people want "WHICH IS BETTER!!!!!"
Doesn't matter "better for what" the important is start the competition and be part of a team, brand, idea etc.
No brain effort!!
Al the job is done by others...

Cheers everyone! Obviously the Fractal performed really well and with some more tweaking I'm sure it could be dialed in to sound even closer. I didn't want to go advanced so I just stuck with the main controls (and resonance) and I think it got close enough. Especially since it's technically not "the same amp". I've gotten some flack for not using the stealth, I don't own one so using a stealth wasn't an option for me. I was very transparent about that in the video and the tonal differences that might occur because of that and also the various impedance curves. Having said that, the red channels on the EVHs can be dialed in to sound the same basically. Even the LBX sounds really close.

I don't understand the point of that video. He was not comparing apples to apples. So, why even spend the time to make the vid?
The only thing I got out of it was that he was trying to make the Fender TMP sound bad.

Why on earth would I WANT to make Fender look bad? My goal is always to make stuff sound good. I don't get enjoyment out of making stuff bad. Fender sent me the unit for review. I think it's a pretty cool device but it's not flawless. They've taken my criticism pretty well so far so they are open to it. Going into this I wasn't expecting this to happen, in fact I was quite shocked because I wanted the officially licensed EVH models to sound good... it's my job to stay objective and honest so this is just how it went. The gear sounds how it sounds and we have to give people an honest image of that. Plain and simple! It hopefully will help companies to further develop their products so that people get their money's worth.

In fact someone from Fender has responded because of this test and they agree that there is in fact something wrong with the model and it will be sorted out. Pretty cool if you ask me...

Somebody here has to have a cat (or any animal, maybe even a kid) named Wolfgang. Anyway, when I was a kid our new kitten disappeared. A few days later the old lady up the street told us she found a cute kitten in her back yard and gave it to her grand daughter. After a description we knew it was our cat. She refused to take the cat away from her grand daughter and got us another one which we named Fleasey, for obvious reasons.

Cheers everyone! Obviously the Fractal performed really well and with some more tweaking I'm sure it could be dialed in to sound even closer. I didn't want to go advanced so I just stuck with the main controls (and resonance) and I think it got close enough. Especially since it's technically not "the same amp". I've gotten some flack for not using the stealth, I don't own one so using a stealth wasn't an option for me. I was very transparent about that in the video and the tonal differences that might occur because of that and also the various impedance curves. Having said that, the red channels on the EVHs can be dialed in to sound the same basically. Even the LBX sounds really close.

Why on earth would I WANT to make Fender look bad? My goal is always to make stuff sound good. I don't get enjoyment out of making stuff bad. Fender sent me the unit for review. I think it's a pretty cool device but it's not flawless. They've taken my criticism pretty well so far so they are open to it. Going into this I wasn't expecting this to happen, in fact I was quite shocked because I wanted the officially licensed EVH models to sound good... it's my job to stay objective and honest so this is just how it went. The gear sounds how it sounds and we have to give people an honest image of that. Plain and simple! It hopefully will help companies to further develop their products so that people get their money's worth.

In fact someone from Fender has responded because of this test and they agree that there is in fact something wrong with the model and it will be sorted out. Pretty cool if you ask me...
Sorry Jon, that comment came out a little stronger than I intended, I apologize. I get what you are saying. That's awesome that Fender contacted you. Maybe you should do a part 2 to that and let your viewers know what they said? I have a TMP and I think the unit is pretty cool.

I really like your vids sir. I got several IRs on your recommendation and used them live. And to all you good people, if you want amp in a room feel, use the cab FACTORY 2 #377 after switching to EL34s. I haven't looked up the brand so I chose the Svetlanas. And for total no prisoners scorched earth no apologies listen or get out of the venue strategy put the block phaser in front at 10pm, which about the same time as a Whisky a GOGO first round, and I know. COINCIDENCE?????? Or SYNCHRONICITY?????

Back
Top Bottom