AXE 3 vs EVH. Must see for anyone who still says the AXE is for effects only.

FAS won. Couldn't really tell a difference in tone. I could hear the differences with Fender and NDSP. Some instances, the FTM Pro sounded muddy.

I typed this before the end of the video.

Enough said. 3rd Party. Total brutality. And he even forgot to switch the amp model to EL34.

TMP sounded terrible. Kinda feel a small difference in between the FAS and the real amp, not sure how to describe it, it could be because it wasn't the precise same amp but FAS with NDSP were really close.

TMP sounded terrible. Kinda feel a small difference in between the FAS and the real amp, not sure how to describe it, it could be because it wasn't the precise same amp but FAS with NDSP were really close.

I wonder what FW, tubes, bias, etc he’s running.

I continue to be surprised at how accurate FAS stuff is. Dang.

Sure we've seen tons of comparisons like this over the years and this is nothing new, but the results never fail to impress anyway.

Last edited:
I gigged a 5150 III 50w 6L6 for years and years. When I fired up the FM3 for the very first time and loaded the 5153 50w Blue model I was absolutely floored. I was sold on Fractal that very moment. This video does a great job of showcasing the accuracy. It doesn't stop there either though. One thing I love about the Blue channel on the 50w is the cleanup from the volume knob. It still stays muscular, but also remains CLEAR. The Fractal model does this perfectly as well. Not trying to fan boy here, but this has been my experience.

I gigged a 5150 III 50w 6L6 for years and years. When I fired up the FM3 for the very first time and loaded the 5153 50w Blue model I was absolutely floored. I was sold on Fractal that very moment. This video does a great job of showcasing the accuracy. It doesn't stop there either though. One thing I love about the Blue channel on the 50w is the cleanup from the volume knob. It still stays muscular, but also remains CLEAR. The Fractal model does this perfectly as well. Not trying to fan boy here, but this has been my experience.
I had the exact same experience!! I ended up changing the power tubes to EL34s and WOW!! All kinds of 80s/90s tones with that amp sim!!

I don't understand the point of that video. He was not comparing apples to apples. So, why even spend the time to make the vid?
The only thing I got out of it was that he was trying to make the Fender TMP sound bad.

the nerve on fender pricing that thing so high...

They're selling, though. I guess if all you are interested in is clean sounds and a good reverb, it will fit the bill. I'm not just interested in clean sounds, so in its current capacity it is not something I am interested in.

Still, the important thing to remember is that Fender is a household name, and if they can open up the digital market further it's a win for everybody. The Tonemaster combos have converted a lot of tube amp holdouts already.

Back
Top Bottom