Axe 2 analog delay tone

Really beautifull. You got me mesmorized listening to your clip.

I would shure love to have that patch to play around. Care to share it?

That is a beautiful sounding patch, I don't think I'll be alone in asking you to share it please if it's not too much trouble.

I don't have the means to connect to computer as of yet but its a simple preset. The main chain is 3 blocks 2 analog delay with mod. First is set to 500ms mod was 2.0 rate and 30 depth with around 15 % repeats. The second and more prominent delay was the same except set for 650ms 4.0 rate and 50 depth. mix was around 40% then to a room reverb to output. I ran a side chain of a pitch block set to crystal echo very low mix to a reverb (plate) then shunted that back into my main chain. I lined out of the axe to a fender blues jr loaded with a celestial blue and mixed it with a sm57 to recorder. thats about it. I just got a macbook so hopefully i can get this usb thing and axe edit working soon

Mick

brain dead I am today!!!

I love the amp sound on that. I LOVE bright clean tones. Can you please share the patch?

I just read your post above. Can't connect to a computer. But why, no USB cable? Hmmm... Are you holding out on us?

I can't connect thus far. Im using a line 6 cable because it fits usb on one side and that hex type shape on the other but the axe edit won't recognize my axe2. I then tried using midiox but I keep getting errors I think its the buffer speed or whatever Ive been playing with numbers to see if it will work. I posted in the proper thread asking for help.

Mick

Are you sure you have set up Axe Edit properly? Did you select Axe II MIDI In and Out under 'Setting' then 'MIDI Settings'? It sounds like you haven't set that.

I did i downloaded from the support page installed the drivers opened axe edit plugged unit in and nothing. I tried hooking up the axe 2 first then fire edit and still nothing I have Mac OS X 10.7.1

Mick

Go to Applicatiions/ Utilities/ Audio MIDI Setup. If you have drivers installed, go to Show MIDI Window in the Widow Menu in Audio MIDI Setup. You should see a Network icon. Double-click that and choose Axe FX II as your In and your Out...

Last edited:
hmm I don't see that I get to the keyboard icon thing click on it and it shows built in mic input built in mic output but I don't see anything midi The driver is def installed too.. application/utility folder/midi in out icon (keyboard icon)

M

When Audio MIDI Setup is running, if you go the the "Window" menu at the top, drag down and select "Show MIDI Window" this should open a 2nd window "MIDI Studio"... in that window, you should see "Network"... if you double-click on Network, and new window will open... you will see the AXE FX II in the "My Sessions" window, and the "Live Routings" drop down menus, where you can select the AxeFX II In and Out.

When you open up AxeEdit, click on "Settings" and select "MIDI Settings" where you can select the AxeFX II as your In and Out.

I hope this helps... doing this from memory, as I'm not home...

novice question I know..I was able to get the midi in and out set to axe2 I want to send an updated firmware to my axe. bottom line I want the tape delays :) How do I send it through axe edit? I tried loading it from the source tab and I get an error message "wrong asset type for current model config. Is this the wrong way of doing this?

Mick

update I think I got it sorry guys and Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom