AX8 Wishes

Blocks that use less CPU. In quantum.......i think a few updates ago with Axe FX II we got that and it was awesome!

I'd love to have the Input Gain on the Delay able to be assigned to XY, or to different scenes, and not just global for the delay. Or if anyone can figure out a way to turn the delay off and have repeats continue, that would be wonderful.

How about a generic clean amplifier (or mic preamp model) to use with acoustic... It'd be nice to have access to tone stack and level controls on the front panel controls.rather than using an EQ and/or Filter to make up the gain required to amplify a source without an amp model.

I'd love to have the Input Gain on the Delay able to be assigned to XY, or to different scenes, and not just global for the delay. Or if anyone can figure out a way to turn the delay off and have repeats continue, that would be wonderful.
I think turning on spillover will allow the repeats to carry over after you switch.

Well, that has some limitations though. I'd like to do it within a patch by turning off the delay, and having the echoes fade. You can add an external switch to turn off input gain while keeping the delay on. However, input gain is global in the preset (it won't be saved in xy or scenes).

Last edited:
How about a generic clean amplifier (or mic preamp model) to use with acoustic... It'd be nice to have access to tone stack and level controls on the front panel controls.rather than using an EQ and/or Filter to make up the gain required to amplify a source without an amp model.

Try the Tube Pre model.

I think turning on spillover will allow the repeats to carry over after you switch.
Run the delay in parallel and set the thru mode to mute fx in.

just set the BYPASS MODE in the Delay block to Mute FX In

the Spillover setting in Global is spillover between Presets, and requires the exact same block in both Presets for best results.

Mute Fx In works if the block is in Series as well, it does not require Parallel routing.

How much of the price difference between the AX8 and Axe Fx II XL+ do you suppose is because the AX8 does not have USB audio capabilities? Enough that would be an unreasonable wish?

UPS sez delivering on Thursday :)

How much of the price difference between the AX8 and Axe Fx II XL+ do you suppose is because the AX8 does not have a USB audio capabilities? Enough that would be an unreasonable wish?
it doesn't have the hardware to support USB Audio. so it can't simply be added with a FW update.

it doesn't have the hardware to support USB Audio. so it can't simply be added with a FW update.

Exactly. So how much difference do you suppose that makes an AX8 with that capability? Just wondering as I wait for Thursday ha. You see I am mostly going to be home recording. If cash were no object [it is for me] of course the choice is clear for home studio use.

I have been pricing, with very sincerely appreciated advice and opinions from forum members, audio interfaces. Looks like I'll be spending about $700 on that. So that puts me at $200 less than the XL+. I'm pretty sure I just have to have the 101 if I got the XL+ so back up to a $900 difference. I am wondering if I should just get the XL+ from the get go and save up for the MFC101 or see if in fact the AX8 and a good quality interface are all a home studio guy needs.

Oh, and I am probably going to order your guide video no matter which I end up sticking with. I appreciate the assistance you have offered to so many. Thanks sincerely.

Last edited:
A $700 audio interface is much more versatile than using the AxeFX to do the same thing. I use a $300 interface, and I am very happy with it.

I do not think USB audio interface capabilities makes sense in Ax8, because it is intended for live used and also designed to a price point.

Try the Tube Pre model.

+1. That is exactly what I did last night, turned the drive down and the level + master up. Fiddled with a GEQ (up to 60 hz all the way down, 125 down, 250 up a bit, also 2k, 4k, 16 k down), not so bad, will have surely better results with a PEQ but need more time for this.
I also tried the Roland Jazz 120 for a minute, but need to experiment on that also.
A clean preamp for acoustics would be more than welcome - as long as the masters here tell me, the Tube Pre model is all I need plus Comp/ EQ / Reverb.

My updated wish list after a little more experience with the AX8:

A second instance of compressor - certain presets could use one at the beginning and end of chain.

Footswitches as controllers with a momentary option -

Different option to see preset names when switching banks - even if it's just showing the first 3 or 4 letters of the preset name would help!?

Back
Top Bottom