AX8 V9.01 Public Beta

Ahhh nice, thanks Joe and FAS...am just finished updating the firmware and transferring all my v9 tweaked AMP, PEQ, and DRV blocks for the AFX II to the AX8 for rehearsal tonight.

Gotta love AxeEdit/AX8Edit and the fact you can copy blocks between them all. I'm quickly and easily setup on the AX8 for v9.

A reminder to those who are looking for the new SPKR COMP parameter...it Is not yet marked as such in AX8 Edit , but can be accessed in it by using the MOTOR DRIVE in the Spkr drv tab in the AMP block.

"Fractal Friday" before Friday?? How do I suppose to work now? Damn Joe, you just ruin my work day! Thanks Joe! :D

I believe it was already Friday in East Asia: so the Fractal Friday meme has been fulfilled.

And now, off to enter into a Darkglass...

Last edited:
Just spent a couple hours with this Fw and, although I only tried it thru headphones, I can already say it's a big step forward.
The first moments I was a bit worried because most of my patches sounded worse and I couldn't correct them tweaking only speaker comp. But after a while I adopted another approach and started tweaking other parameters to correct what I thought was wrong. The result was that, except some other minor tweakings, I ended up decreasing gain and increasing high-cut frequency in all my presets.
This because the new algo and the right amount of speaker comp provide looong sustain even on cleanish sounds, a sweet attack and trebles without trace of harshness.

Even though I still haven't tried it at high volume I already love it!
Thanks Cliff and Joe! ;)

Don’t know if it’s the Anejo, but seems to me that headphone monitoring on the new firmware is much more enjoyable and 3D.(SPDIF into Apollo 8).

just got transported a bit to an ecstatic state using a @austinbuddy Capt hook 1A with stereo Celestion G12M Greenbacks and a fresh Stereo BBD delay, with the new Speaker Comp at 3.0.....

Just had my first rehearsal with v9 on the AX8 and the Captain Hook 1A just kills it with single coils...I'm using that amp in my clean and low-mid gain bluesy presets...absolutely love it. Responsive, sweet and punchy...it's sparkly without being harsh. Great amp...

Just had my first rehearsal with v9 on the AX8 and the Captain Hook 1A just kills it with single coils...I'm using that amp in my clean and low-mid gain bluesy presets...absolutely love it. Responsive, sweet and punchy...it's sparkly without being harsh. Great amp...
Nice . I checked it with my 59 LP Skinnerburst, and also my redwood Strat with Fluence SSH pups...Both mind bogglingLy awesome.

My AX8 is 2.5 weeks away as I'm interstate for a bit. Looking forward to getting home even more now!

Back
Top Bottom