AX8 V9.01 Public Beta

A quick question that I didn't see answered: If I update to this beta and tweak it to my liking, wouldn't it most likely be a breeze to go to the official firmware or do I need to tweak it all again?
Most likely breeze

Three big-ish gigs in the next couple of weeks, or I'd be installing this right now!

I have to say, what I'd love to see are some more "metal" amp models. I know there are loads already, but I'm greedy.

a friend of mine is having this issue with the ax8 edit new release.,is anyone having this issue too?with the axe exchange.

Attachments

• 23032697_2039598766070142_1913602992286227208_n.jpg
    23032697_2039598766070142_1913602992286227208_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 99
How long does it usually take until the final Firmware is released?

I just bought an AX8 a few months ago and I'm just amazed by it. Thanks FAS for the great support and the continuous improvement of your products!

Jut installed it and.....WOW!!!!!!!!! Jaw Breaking!
I couldn't stop playing!! Start from scratch a simple patch...it is really a masterpiece! Congrats and THANK YOU FAS TEAM!

i usually never do updates in the same day the update is released,but last night i said fock it and installed the new update and wow i spend like like 3 hours testing some of my favorite presets,i dont know but the new update make the AX8 sound amazing.

Speaker Time Constant is a powerful parameter to get the response you're looking for in this firmware. I keep Speaker Comp at 4.34 and use MV or Input Drive to adjust the amount of compression. The default 100ms is dark and smooth, a little too smooth for me but I could see setting this higher if I were dialing up a synth pad kind of sound. For SRV style sounds I think a value closer to 37ms works well. I find 61.8ms a good fit for me.

I spent a fair bit of time with the Speaker Comp and Speaker Time Constant last night and agree that they are indeed powerful parameters to tune in the response and feel. I tweaked the both the Input Drive and Master (so important!) first then the Comp parameters. After rehearsal last Thursday I felt I needed to back off the Speaker Comp a bit (and only a bit - a little goes a long way I find) to open up the amp and get a little more definition over most of my presets.

I found that I like to back off the Speaker Comp vs the Speaker Time Constant, and set Speaker Comp to around 2.4 -> 2.8 on gainier presets. 2.8 is only a couple of ticks below the default of 3 but opens things up enough.

I'm going to experiment with the Speaker Comp vs the Output Comp in the AMP block to see how they may interact, if I prefer one over the other, etc. These are fine adjustments indeed that don't require large tweaks I find...just a little seasoning as it were.

Going forward the various compressors will be mandatory tweaks for me....and am going to play with the Speaker Comp vs the Speaker Time Constant more for sure.

Just saw this. Been preoccupied with the Astros all week and a root canal on Thursday. Gonna update today. Thank you FAS team.

I'm still blown away - my fingers are sore for the first time since I can't remember when - I can't stop playing it. This truly is a quantum leap for the little black box.

Even the kitten approves:
23314545_10155596213406900_1173895090_o.jpg

Fantastic lots of goodies! And it also looks like maybe the problem with saving presets might apply to my AX8.. When i click the save button in AX8 EDIT, the preset won't save, instead i have to click 'save to new preset number' and confirm overwrite.. Or maybe im just missing something.. Anyways downloading now thanks!!

Trying to update the FW but I cant drag/drop the file into fractalbot, tried browsing the file, but fractalbot doesn't read it. Don't know if im doing something wrong since is my first time updating the firmware. :/

Trying to update the FW but I cant drag/drop the file into fractalbot, tried browsing the file, but fractalbot doesn't read it. Don't know if im doing something wrong since is my first time updating the firmware. :/
Did you extract the contents from the zip file? It's an archive file with multiple files inside of it. If you double click on the file most modern operating systems will extract the contents and you'll end up with ax8_9p01PublicBeta folder and in that folder is ax8_9p01PublicBeta.syx file. That's the file you drag and drop onto Fractal-Bot.

It should be pretty straight forward.
Open Fractal Bot.
Choose Axe 8.
Find file.
Select file.
Let er rip.

Did you extract the contents from the zip file? It's an archive file with multiple files inside of it. If you double click on the file most modern operating systems will extract the contents and you'll end up with ax8_9p01PublicBeta folder and in that folder is ax8_9p01PublicBeta.syx file. That's the file you drag and drop onto Fractal-Bot.

Yeah, I did just that,

Thats exactly what i did, i downloaded the file, opened it and tried to drag the one file into fractalbot, but as soon as the icon hits the fractalbot window i get this "" icon.

Back
Top Bottom