AX8 V7.02 Public Beta

soooooooooo....... Beta Q8? ;):eek:o_O:p:cool:
images
Or is it???

If you set the balance to 98% right, does the sound come back?

Ah yes. I just tried that. If I set either the pan, mix or balance level to something other than 100% (ie: even 99.9%), then the sound comes back.

Sounds like you have an idea. Is it a bug or operator error?

Thanks!
RR

Q8 beta for Axe FXII has already released may be it makes no sense to make Q7.02 and start make Q8 for AX8.
Quantium 8 for AX8 is really symbolically

8 for 8! It sounds really good on my Axe FxII. You guys will love it if you haven't heard it yet. I'm looking forward to the AX8 version for band practice.

Q8.00 is out of beta!!!!

and tomorrow is friday!!!:D

LIKE. AGAIN.( Like ..... I "like" this post - again. )
Thanks FAS for your service. This unit has improved greatly ( IMO ) since it's release a little over a year ago , which is hard to believe actually. Now hearing a lot of great things from Q8 users on the other side of the forum has me a bit jealous , I must admit !

Last edited:
Having some trouble with the pitch block, and before I report it as a potential bug, I wanted to check here. I'm using my knock-around guitar - a Roland VG MIM Strat (basically a MIM Fender with Roland electronics), straight into my AX8. Here's the steps:

1. Open a blank preset and create shunts from input to output
2. Add an amp
3. Add a cab after the amp
4. Add a pitch block after the cab
5. Set the pitch block to detune; voice two off, voice 1 = -6cts, panned all the way right. Set the mix to 100% and balance to 100% right. Basically, you should only hear the detuned note, and only from the right channel. Input can be set to mono or stereo.
6. Play.

Sound cuts in and out for me. Seems to be 'somewhat' related to how hard the signal hits the pitch block. If I hit notes or chords lightly, I hear nothing. Hitting them harder results in some sound abruptly cutting in and out. Seems to happen with the sub oct as well. Both Whammys seem to work properly.

My first thought was the input filter. Set it to -100db...essentially off, no difference.

I replaced the cab with a shunt. Now no sound at all.

Obviously I don't use this setup on it's own. I was having this problem with a more complex preset and narrowed it down to the above. CPU utilization is in the 10-20% range.

I can NOT replicate this behavior on my XL+, same cords and guitar. XL+ seems to react as expected.

Is this a bug, or am I the only one who can reproduce it?

RR
We are cleaning up bugs for the current release, and cannot reproduce this issue. What firmware revision are you running?

Hi Joe - I've been keeping up with betas, so I don't remember what level I was on when I posted - but I'm guessing it was this one. I'll check tonight and see if I can still reproduce it.

RR

Joe,
I can still repro the bug using my directions above. No change. Setting pan to 99 still fixes it. Still seems to react like a gate cutting off the note abruptly and prematurely, but no amount of playing with the input gate makes a difference. I also tried playing without Ax8-Edit running just for the heck of it. No difference. Want a patch? (Just to be clear, I'm still keeping up with the betas and on 8.02 now.)

RR

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom