AX8 V7.00 Released

Dumble model problem

I have had issues with the dumble model ford 2 or something. It sounds really trashed when using the scene controllers on the input gain and input trim. and aspecially when using the noise gate. It sounds like digital clipping no matter what level. I will post the preset if it's interesting.

Shifting topics a bit... will AX8 users get that new Shimmer Drive in the final release of Q7.01? I'm really digging the DC30 and Maz38 Tele tones in Q7, and I'd love to hear how the Shimmer Drive interacts with them.

Woo!

One rule I discovered in my short time being a happy AX8 user in Fractal-land is: Whenever a new FW shows up, don't immediately update if you are currently active into live playing/recording and always wait for the final release. If you are free and like experimenting, Betas are a really nice preview of what's coming on and of course a way to feedback the guys @ FAS with unexpected bugs and suggestions to further improve the final version. Whatever path you choose it's up to you, even if you are happy with your current sound and want to stay with previous FWs.

I, for one, want to shout a huge THANK YOU to Cliff and everyone in FAS for giving us FREE updates and improvements on our gear. Coming from using modelling gear from other companies that rarely/never post updates (and even then, they are put for purchase), they fall apart in terms of improvement and spoiling the user with some nice goodies like new amps, cabs and effects like the Fractal guys do.

Dumble model problem

I have had issues with the dumble model ford 2 or something. It sounds really trashed when using the scene controllers on the input gain and input trim. and aspecially when using the noise gate. It sounds like digital clipping no matter what level. I will post the preset if it's interesting.
I just tested this on V7.01 Public Beta, and the amp with scene controllers on the input drive, and it is fine until you push it right up against the CPU limit. Then I start getting pops and clicks. Reduce the CPU a couple of points, and everything sounds great. What CPU are you running?

Ay
I just tested this on V7.01 Public Beta, and the amp with scene controllers on the input drive, and it is fine until you push it right up against the CPU limit. Then I start getting pops and clicks. Reduce the CPU a couple of points, and everything sounds great. What CPU are you running?

It's strange. I have q 7.00. But scene controllers on input drive and input trim. The cpu is around 86. I have the same preset but with the mk2c with slightly higher cpu (87) with no problem. But, like you said, if I take away the phaser on block 2 everything is fine on the dumble preset. If I put any effect before the amp it just crapps out. It sounds horrible. And also the cpu meter also gets on an acid trip on the ford2 model. Sometimes it jumps from 86 to 101 %. I think someting's wrong with the amp model. Maybe 7.01 will solve it.

Does Fractal still have an extended private beta team? Or is everything public beta only going forward? This user cab bug seems like one the private team would have caught before a public release.

Just curious. Years ago on the forum there was often running commentary and clips featuring unreleased firmware no one had except the private beta team.

Ay

It's strange. I have q 7.00. But scene controllers on input drive and input trim. The cpu is around 86. I have the same preset but with the mk2c with slightly higher cpu (87) with no problem. But, like you said, if I take away the phaser on block 2 everything is fine on the dumble preset. If I put any effect before the amp it just crapps out. It sounds horrible. And also the cpu meter also gets on an acid trip on the ford2 model. Sometimes it jumps from 86 to 101 %. I think someting's wrong with the amp model. Maybe 7.01 will solve it.
Not 100% sure but it seems the MK2 has a little more tolerance for higher CPU utilization than the AX8 does. Try getting rid of any blocks that you are not using. One thing that I do is use the spring reverb which sounds amazing and uses much less CPU than the other reverb types.

I just tried 7,01 and it did´t work.
Here´s the preset.

Attachments

• Dumble kit.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
Now I get it. It´s allergic to my user cabs. As soon I choose a factory cab it works perfectly. It seems to be related with axe edit. If I changed cab back and forth in my AX8 unit and then saved the preset it worked just fine. No my user cabs work again without the ring modulator sampling crush effect.

Last edited:
Ay

I think I know what it might be. I think that I once made an IR with the wrong sampling frequency. And there might still be some trace from that old IR somewhere in my cab´s folder that is being confused with something in axe edit.Something to do with the expanded cab library in Q7 . Anyway it seems good at the moment.

The preset you sent me used a USER cab that was in my unit, and it sounded great.
Yes ! I noticed it wasn´t working with my user cab.But the other identical preset with MK2c amp worked fine with it.

I think I know what it might be. I think that I once made an IR with the wrong sampling frequency. And there might still be some trace from that old IR somewhere in my cab´s folder that is being confused with something in axe edit. Something to do with the expanded cab library in Q7 . Anyway it seems good at the moment.

Thank´s for the help.

Does Fractal still have an extended private beta team?
Yes.

Or is everything public beta only going forward?
Public betas happen when Fractal wants input from the whole community. Sometimes there's just no substitute for having a whole army kicking the tires all at once.

Just curious. Years ago on the forum there was often running commentary and clips featuring unreleased firmware no one had except the private beta team.
Back then, there were only one or two products to test. Count how many Fractal products there are today, and you'll get an idea of how busy the beta team is. :)

Back
Top Bottom