AX8 V7.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new owner of an AX8 and spent the last few days getting to know it, setting it up, and migrating some presets/blocks from the AFXII.

Updated to Q7 and roughed in the amps on my presets last night and off to the first rehearsal with Q7/AX8 tomorrow night...can't wait to test drive the new rig/firmware. I predict awesome-ness all around...:cool:

Downgrading to 6.02. Presets that functioned perfectly fine on 6.02 are now hitting the CPU limit and my reverb is being disabled. When I change scenes on V7 it works fine for a second and then there is a HUGE volume spike and I get the CPU warning and the reverb gets disabled

Last edited:
Downgrading to 6.02. Presets that functioned perfectly fine on 6.02 are now hitting the cpu limit and my reverb is being disabled. When I change scenes on V7 it works fine for a second and then there is a HUGH volume spike and I get the CPU warning and the reverb gets disabled

Probably obvious and not ideal, but have you tried lowering the Reverb Echo Density as a workaround?

I don't understand the technical amp bits that were stated as "fixed" in the AFS100 models, but I am blown away. In 6.02 I kept revisiting them because they were so close to what I wanted to hear, but moved on to other Marshalls and the Dirty Shirley. NOW, go ahead and try both the Brit AFS100 1 and 2 and see if you hear what I hear. Even just the default settings... They are not only that "Slash" sound, but they are delicious hot-rods. Number 1 is less thin and Number 2 is evened out. I can't stop playing them.

Last edited:
Downgrading to 6.02. Presets that functioned perfectly fine on 6.02 are now hitting the CPU limit and my reverb is being disabled. When I change scenes on V7 it works fine for a second and then there is a HUGE volume spike and I get the CPU warning and the reverb gets disabled

Here is the preset, I'm pushing the unit pretty hard at 84% CPU on 6.02. On 7 I pushed it over the limit with the same preset.

Attachments

• Q7 Bug Test.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
@Dillonski

I loaded your preset. Runs at 87% for me. The reverb is not being disabled, but at 87% I would not trust it.

I just checked one of mine that was running at about 84% in 6.02. It's at 86% now. Thats almost too close for comfort.

Thank you. They are DiMarzio area 67's so they are stacked with a dummy coil. They are quiet not quite true single coils but not noisy either. :0) the back pick up though is a fast track it a humbucker squeezed into a single coiled body. :0)

I may have to try those again. I had them in a basswood guitar and they sounded a little dull there, but they could be perfect for my alder Strat.

I've just gone back to 6.02. I need the Fractal to be 100% working for my University assessments. I'll just wait for Q7 to become official, thanks! :)
when Cliff tweaks the algorithm sometimes that leads to CPU going up. You might not have a but but rather the added "stress" on the CPU

Ok so I just dialed up a JTM45 Jumpered (not a usual amp for for me) with the new 4x12 Greenback mix. Added a BB Pre, 500ms studio verb and the modern Enhancer.

OH. MY.

Instant studio rock tone. Instant!

Can you share that preset or a take a snap shot pic. of the preset. I liked the JTM 45 in Q6.2

Dr. Cliff you left us flabbergasted... wow... this update is jaw dropping... i can really feel the power amp backing up my notes now... i cranked the power amp on the new modded 800 and wow what an amp... pure tonal bliss....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom