AX8 V3.52 Release

After a few weeks away, I finally had some quality time with my Ax8 yesterday. Update went well. I did have a timeout on the backup of user cabs, but in the end, the actual update went well.

It would be nice, if you could choose which presets to backup during a system backup. I have not changed any factory presets, so I really don't need to update those. I would only need to backup 17-32 and 33-64. The backup procedure takes sooo long, any time savings would be welcome. Whenever a new firmware is released, I look forward to updating, but I need to find an hour to do the backup.

Ohh and thanks for the update. The only bug, that I had noticed was the controller-tap-tempo thing, but that was also really annoying, so thanks for the fix :)

After a few weeks away, I finally had some quality time with my Ax8 yesterday. Update went well. I did have a timeout on the backup of user cabs, but in the end, the actual update went well.

It would be nice, if you could choose which presets to backup during a system backup. I have not changed any factory presets, so I really don't need to update those. I would only need to backup 17-32 and 33-64. The backup procedure takes sooo long, any time savings would be welcome. Whenever a new firmware is released, I look forward to updating, but I need to find an hour to do the backup.
Fractal Bot allows you to back up by bank just for that reason.

Yeah, but then I have to run the cab and system backup afterwards (I know, I sound like a spoiled child here)

I forgot to check yesterday, but as I remember Fractal-bot, it has different sections. Section 1 allows you to back up "All presets, All Cabs, and System Settings". Section 2 allows you to back up preset banks, individual presets and everything else, but not cabs and system settings. I cannot run Section 1 and 2 at the same time.

Yeah....given the timeout issue I haven't been able to solve (mult computers, mult cables and mult AX8s), I'd love more granularity over what banks to back up. Right now it's all, 1-16, or a single. Would love to specify 1-4 say.

That said, it's just a convenience request and even I would put it stupid low on the priority list.

RR

I forgot to check yesterday, but as I remember Fractal-bot, it has different sections. Section 1 allows you to back up "All presets, All Cabs, and System Settings". Section 2 allows you to back up preset banks, individual presets and everything else, but not cabs and system settings. I cannot run Section 1 and 2 at the same time.
The first section of Fractal-Bot allows you to back up all presets and/or all user cabs and/or system settings. You choose which. I'm not sure there's much advantage to running both sections at once.

Back
Top Bottom