AX8 V3.52 Release

AX8 V3.52 provides fixes for a few bugs that we thought should get some immediate attention. This maintenance release is now available on the Fractal Audio Website for immediate download. As always, we recommend you back up your AX8, using Fractal Bot, before you install the new firmware. Here's the link to the firmware:

AX8 V3.52

Release Notes:

AX8 V3.52 is a maintenance release.

Fixes:
· Corrected Noise issue induced by placing a controller on the AMP block BOOST parameter modifier.
· Fixed a bug where CS1 and CS2 returned default state when TAP TEMPO was executed.
· Fixed a display bug that prevented the MIDI Channel from displaying properly under the CONFIG: MIDI menu.
· Optimized the MIDI port send subsystem to accommodate devices (Diezel Amps) with short MIDI timeouts.
· Fixed Recall Effect so effects saved in older presets are recalled correctly.
Thank you for the update! There IS something going on with Control Switches tho. When I try to save the bypass state of the Control Switch to ON, it will save to not only the current preset, but ALL of the presets as well(like a Global Save). I toyed with the PC Reset On/Off option in the modifier screen; tried setting the control switch to Per Preset instead of Global. Neither of those worked. Same situation while using scenes as well. Once the control switch's bypass state is switched to ON via scene change, it will not revert back to it's previous bypass state upon the next scene change where the bypass state is saved to OFF. Not really sure how to fix this. Please help!

Thank you for the update! There IS something going on with Control Switches tho. When I try to save the bypass state of the Control Switch to ON, it will save to not only the current preset, but ALL of the presets as well(like a Global Save). I toyed with the PC Reset On/Off option in the modifier screen; tried setting the control switch to Per Preset instead of Global. Neither of those worked. Same situation while using scenes as well. Once the control switch's bypass state is switched to ON via scene change, it will not revert back to it's previous bypass state upon the next scene change where the bypass state is saved to OFF. Not really sure how to fix this. Please help!
I works for me. You will have to be more specific about your setup.

All I know is that it wasn't doing this before I updated so it has to be something in the firmware. What do you need to know about the setup?
I have switches 1-4 assigned to presets 1-4 globally. Switches 5-7 are instant access saved per preset. Switch 8 is assigned to control switch 1 saved as global. Control switch 1 is assigned to the level parameter in the cab block. I use it for the global lead boost.

I have switches 1-4 assigned to presets 1-4 globally. Switches 5-7 are instant access saved per preset. Switch 8 is assigned to control switch 1 saved as global. Control switch 1 is assigned to the level parameter in the cab block. I use it for the global lead boost.

I just setup CS1 as a global footswitch, and attached it to the Level parameter on the cab block. Then I set the default state in the controllers tab for CS1. Everything worked as designed. I'm not sure what to tell you. Back up your preset and system parameters, and post them here. I'll take a look, see what's different.

I just setup CS1 as a global footswitch, and attached it to the Level parameter on the cab block. Then I set the default state in the controllers tab for CS1. Everything worked as designed. I'm not sure what to tell you. Back up your preset and system parameters, and post them here. I'll take a look, see what's different.
Check your cab block, and make sure your controller is still set in the source of the modifier.

The scenes seem to be working fine. I'll try and explain what's going on now. Ok, I'm in preset #1, scene 1. I go to scene 4 which has the control switch set to ON in the controller menu. The boost engages like it's supposed to on scene 4. If i return to scene 1, it will turn off as assigned. The problem occurs when I change to any other preset. Example: I f I change from preset 1, scene 4(CS1 saved to ON in controller menu), to preset 3, scene 1(CS1 saved to OFF in controller menu), The CS1 will stay engaged.It will not disengage until I turn if off manually.

Attachments

• 1-1_JG's DVerbVibra-King.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1-2_JG's Wreck.syx
  • 1-3_50W PlexiBritBrown.syx
The scenes seem to be working fine. I'll try and explain what's going on now. Ok, I'm in preset #1, scene 1. I go to scene 4 which has the control switch set to ON in the controller menu. The boost engages like it's supposed to on scene 4. If i return to scene 1, it will turn off as assigned. The problem occurs when I change to any other preset. Example: I f I change from preset 1, scene 4(CS1 saved to ON in controller menu), to preset 3, scene 1(CS1 saved to OFF in controller menu), The CS1 will stay engaged.It will not disengage until I turn if off manually.
Confirmed, that's a bug. We'll address it in the next release.

Confirmed, that's a bug. We'll address it in the next release.
Well I have an even bigger problem now. Trying to go back to the previous firmware, but FractalBot will not connect to the AX8. Says Timed out every time I try it. I gig 5-6 nights a week, every week. I really need this to work. Any help to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated. Now I am stuck with this buggy firmware...

Well I have an even bigger problem now. Trying to go back to the previous firmware, but FractalBot will not connect to the AX8. Says Timed out every time I try it. I gig 5-6 nights a week, every week. I really need this to work. Any help to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated. Now I am stuck with this buggy firmware...
Is AX8-Edit running?

Back
Top Bottom