AX8 V3.03 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
parameters in ax8 edit are going crazy...Delay Block: right post delay = 12AX7, echo pan = 20000Hz, balance = 48000Hz, input gain = thru etc.

it keeps changing. also footswitch presses don't put edit into pause.

EDIT: X/Y switching in edit doesn't work with the space bar anymore

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 10.12.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 10.12.50 AM.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
parameters in ax8 edit are going crazy...Delay Block: right post delay = 12AX7, echo pan = 20000Hz, balance = 48000Hz, input gain = thru etc.

it keeps changing. also footswitch presses don't put edit into pause.

EDIT: X/Y switching in edit doesn't work with the space bar anymore

I'm having the same issue.
Was supposed to be fixed in this update, but something is still up.

I have had a few other issues when usb to my mac - but when things get a bit flakey I would just reboot the AX8 and AX8-Edit. I haven't had a chance to give some steps to reproduce - I just noticed it when frantically trying to get a bank set up for church this morning.

My fingers can't seem to hit the right notes today. Is that a bug with 3.03 or could it be a hardware issue?

Seriously though, my AX8 is acting way too normal. I feel like I'm missing out on the apparent fun.

;-)

I'm having the same issue.
Was supposed to be fixed in this update, but something is still up.
I have seen it today too - Restarting Ax8edit has fixed it every time, but it is annoying.

Another thing: When I run out of CPU the reverb block disables itself, which is OK. Then I switch the reverb block x->y, where I have a spring reverb. But the reverb block does not re-enable itself. I have to manually disable the reverb, and re-enable it for it to start back up.

Yet another thing: When the reverb block disables itself, is it possible to have it disable itself using the chosen bypass mode? It seems it always defaults to 'thru'.

I have seen it today too - Restarting Ax8edit has fixed it every time, but it is annoying.

Another thing: When I run out of CPU the reverb block disables itself, which is OK. Then I switch the reverb block x->y, where I have a spring reverb. But the reverb block does not re-enable itself. I have to manually disable the reverb, and re-enable it for it to start back up.

That seems like an over sight. We probably won't hold up the release of 3.03 for it, but we will definitely put it on the list to fix going forward.

Yet another thing: When the reverb block disables itself, is it possible to have it disable itself using the chosen bypass mode? It seems it always defaults to 'thru'.

The reverb is not bypassed, it is disabled. Meaning that it is not processed, and not being processed at all. "Thru", is the only way to handle this.

I'm having much better luck with 3.03 beta. Solved the blank screen at startup issue and amp models seem to be responding as they should. Used at 2 church services yesterday and had it on for 5 hours with no problems. The best tones I've had live to date. Love this thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom