AX8 USA/Canada Purchase Invitations

The 'used' AX8 market is much more reasonable now... 1700 isn't a 'gouge' like 2400+ was when the AX8 first came out. I'd consider doing the same thing you did if I were in your position. Congrats man

I'm of the opposite opinion, paying an extra 1/3 of the price of a new one seems a little steep and twice the price is simply ludicrous. Profiteering the worst kind of greed especially when you know this unit will eventually sell for 1/3 of what it sold for new .

I'm of the opposite opinion, paying an extra 1/3 of the price of a new one seems a little steep and twice the price is simply ludicrous. Profiteering the worst kind of greed especially when you know this unit will eventually sell for 1/3 of what it sold for new .

It's more like an extra 1/6th the price of a new one, but who's counting.

It's the price people are willing to pay for impatience. I'm not trying to get into a discussion about whether it's ethical or not, I'm just saying that if I weren't on the waitlist, I'd consider paying 1/6th extra to get it now vs. get it in 9 months.

Edit: I do agree though that 2400 is Ludicrous.

So let's see, it took about 4 months to complete 10/13 signups. I signed up on 10/20. Do I have about 2 years to buy and sell gear before I get to try this thing? My GAS is nearing critical mass.

Couldn't take it any longer! Wait list received on 11/10 and I had been patiently waiting. Just bought one on the secondary market for $1700 including shipping. I have made money on gear in the vintage game and thought I would give some back! LOL

It should be here on Monday and I can hardly wait! I know the warranty could be an issue, but I'm hoping the force will be with me. I have played through vintage gear for years, always struggling going into a shows trying to decide whether to bring my Marshall or Fender amps?? I gig with a Strat and LP both, but never wanted to travel with two amps. I'm hoping this move will be a game changer!

I'm dropping out of the wait game and moving into the play game! Game on!
I hope you enjoy it and that you won't need the warranty . There is an AX8 on Ebay as I write this and its going to sell for about $2k by the look of it. I wouldn't even consider buying it. I despise vultures and predators . . .yeah yeah yeah . .the "Invisible Hand" of the "free market" . . blah blah blah. Adam Smith has morphed into Gordon Gekko.

Let us know how the unit works out for you and post something if you get the chance .

Seems like a lot of guys on TGP are flipping AX8's, but I would not call it "profiteering" They are adding on an extra $200-300 to the price. same thing would happen if bought one from a local music store.

It's more like an extra 1/6th the price of a new one, but who's counting.

It's the price people are willing to pay for impatience. I'm not trying to get into a discussion about whether it's ethical or not, I'm just saying that if I weren't on the waitlist, I'd consider paying 1/6th extra to get it now vs. get it in 9 months.

Edit: I do agree though that 2400 is Ludicrous.

I figured wrong it's actually 21.5 % over the retail price which comes to the improper fraction of 43/2, had to google that one as I'm obviously not a mathematician. Sorry, not trying to make it a topic it's just a personal thing for me.

It's weird to me how people get offended (or act like it's morally wrong) at making profit. To me it's just supply and demand. If you have the ability to make a huge profit that's just good business - or maybe you were just smarter than the other guy.

If you have a good leisure product and the value is acceptable to the purchaser what's does it matter how much you made on it?

Seems like a lot of guys on TGP are flipping AX8's, but I would not call it "profiteering" They are adding on an extra $200-300 to the price. same thing would happen if bought one from a local music store.

I have seen those guys over at TGP doing there thing... hey If you have the extra $300+ burning a hole in your bank account then by all means! I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their hard earned cash.

I just look at the history of these types of products and in time you will have spent more then you should have for the sake of time, I know we've all done it at one time or another including myself. I'm trying to change some of my bad habits so to me it doesn't make any financial sense to have impatiens, I'm perfectly fine going without or using something else makes no difference to me.

It's weird to me how people get offended (or act like it's morally wrong) at making profit. To me it's just supply and demand. If you have the ability to make a huge profit that's just good business - or maybe you were just smarter than the other guy.

If you have a good leisure product and the value is acceptable to the purchaser what's does it matter how much you made on it?

Ok this is the last thing I have to say so please take this with a grain of salt.

I have no problem with people making a profit, it's when they take advantage of it "huge profit" that I have a "personal issue" with it.

I think it's weird when people don't have any sense of morality at all and everything is up for grabs. Praying on some else's lack of intelligence or information doesn't necessarily make you smarter but just plain mean and we all know what they say about mean people!

I'm pretty sure morality is a human trait exclusive to man it's what separates us from lower forms of life, lose that and you're just another animal waiting for the slaughter or what comes around.

It's only a couple hundred dollars more and no waiting! you make that couple hundred bucks back in no time

I agree, in addition, a few hundred dollars (or even $1000) can be a lot or very little considering the disposable income of the purchaser.

So let's see, it took about 4 months to complete 10/13 signups. I signed up on 10/20. Do I have about 2 years to buy and sell gear before I get to try this thing? My GAS is nearing critical mass.

I, too, am an Oct. 20th guy wondering how much longer I will have to patiently wait......

I'm pretty sure morality is a human trait exclusive to man it's what separates us from lower forms of life, lose that and you're just another animal waiting for the slaughter or what comes around.
I had a basset hound once . . he was pretty moral about most stuff . . . :) . . . and he had good taste in music.

I got mine off the TGP. There was also another one for sale at $1750 listed. Considering the Paypal fees, I did not fault the guy and might have done the same thing myself. He simply had another Fractal rack unit and could not justify having both and kept the rack unit. Seemed like a great guy and I hope all works out well. To me, a couple hundred was not a huge deal. Being OCD and having GAS is damn near lethal! LOL

don't mean to derail the derail guys but any invites today? hoping we can make a jump to the early hours before the end of week...

;-)

I got my waitlist confirmation 10/14/15 @ 5:17am Eastern time, and I just sold an amp... Good timing! Here's to hoping not too many people were jumping on the list in the middle of the night! Come on invite!

Back
Top Bottom