AX8 Rig… Should I do it?

What are the boss switches for?
I use one as a boost and the other I haven't really used yet.

So as long as I have my foot down on the switch, it's boosted and when I'm done I just lift my foot off it.

For a boost I use a null filter 3.5 db.

I came from an Axe FX 2 rig to the AX8. No regrets and the AX8 gives me more flexibility than the Axe FX 2 rig. I can run my favorite pedals in conjunction with the AX8 and not have to worry about running a snake back and forth from them rack unit. So here's is what mine looks like currently:

My%20Board%20042016_zpshgvdymd4.jpg

This is indeed a monster board - very cool.
How have you integrated the different pedals to the AX8?
I am guessing guitar into the Klon and the wet pedals in FXsend?

I came from an Axe FX 2 rig to the AX8. No regrets and the AX8 gives me more flexibility than the Axe FX 2 rig. I can run my favorite pedals in conjunction with the AX8 and not have to worry about running a snake back and forth from them rack unit. So here's is what mine looks like currently:

Hey I've been thinking of getting a trailer trash board in the future similar to this. What size is this board and how much was it with shipping?

That looks crazy wild :D

Which Klon clone is it? Which expression two-knob box is it?

It's the PCE Aluminum Falcon 1(which is the large box). He makes the same thing in a standard sized boxed as well now. The expression controller is a 3 knob I made myself. It has 2 expression wheels and 1 button. In use the wheels for various controls in the AX8, such as delay mix, chorus level, etc... The button I use to turn my compressor on/off in the AX8.

Hey I've been thinking of getting a trailer trash board in the future similar to this. What size is this board and how much was it with shipping?

Its a 30x18 with the 14x7 riser on it. With the ATA case the total with shipping was $305.

So I guess my first thought is to get some opinions on whether or not I should be concerned if I program the rig through the QSCs and then just go direct? Especially from people who are currently doing so...

and secondly, for people using this kind of rig are you finding you need other pedals as well to make it work? or can these things really cover most all the bases with a few expression pedals? I'm playing pop rock and going for similar tones to Matchbox 20, Jeff Buckley, etc.

Also if anyone has an AX8 pedalboard rig would love to see pics of what you are running.

Thanks!
As mentioned I think you'll find your sound is more consistent running direct and using an FRFR on stage.
I use a CLR and FOH always sounds the same...meaning great.
I don't use any add on pedals...no need IMO.

Pedaltrain NOVO 24.
8057780_orig.jpg

That's a lot of kit with the AX8. What is the pedal top right ?

A lot of money on that board! So is there a reason you like the Strymon pedals over what the AX8 can do, or is it just a CPU thing?

Great board. kudos.

A lot of money on that board! So is there a reason you like the Strymon pedals over what the AX8 can do, or is it just a CPU thing?

Just a CPU thing with the washy, modulated reverbs. By adding the BigSky I freed up almost 20% CPU to use on other things in a preset.

That's a lot of kit with the AX8. What is the pedal top right ?

That would be the most important pedal of all......the pick holder!

But underneath it is just an old interface box. Just allows me an easy place to plug my guitar into.

As mentioned I think you'll find your sound is more consistent running direct and using an FRFR on stage.
I use a CLR and FOH always sounds the same...meaning great.
I don't use any add on pedals...no need IMO.

Pedaltrain NOVO 24.
8057780_orig.jpg
Clean your office, you slob!

;)

Got my invite last Friday. On the fence. Don't want to leave my II and can't justify having two of these machines. If I were independently wealthy... Or wildly talented...

Here's my (extremely tidy and convenient) rig of doom :)

Board%20wide_zps2xwvzoes.jpg

Personal opinion on the direct thing? I wouldn't sweat it. What will make you play better is the sound you get on stage - the FOH is up to the FOH and could be inconsistent regardless of whether you're direct or using a cab with a mic on it. The audience is going to get off on your playing and the overall blend, and your playing will be better if you're enjoying your tones on stage. Good luck dude!
That's a killer looking setup!!!

Back
Top Bottom