AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you agree that continued AX8-Edit support for future operating systems and bug fixing are part of 'support' ?
IMO no. AX8-Edit is not a part of the unit but a free software that fractal decided to provide.
But I think this horse has been through enough :)

Last edited:
Yeah, don't want to keep beating the dead horse. It would be nice, though, if FAS would make AX8-Edit open source in case there are no plans to port it to future OSes.

"Your AX8 isn't broken, it doesn't need to be worked on"

That's easily applicable to its free edit software, for good or bad.

Exactly. That's why the "it doesn't need to be worked on" makes no sense, no matter how many times they say it.
Agreed. I'm still on Sierra, all is well. But what if at some point I do need to upgrade, or if this one dies and I need to get a new one?

Agreed. I'm still on Sierra, all is well. But what if at some point I do need to upgrade, or if this one dies and I need to get a new one?

Same here, on a mid-2010 MBP running Sierra. It's pretty much done that I'll get a new iMac next year and that I'll need to sell my MBP in order to partially fund it. Buying a budget laptop (even if it's the cheapest you can find) just for AX8-edit doesn't seem any good at all.

Using a VM or Wine? Maybe this works (no Mac experience here)
I used Ax8-Edit before through Wine on Linux. Since Wine is available for Mac it should work. But since I used a 32bit Wine it might not work as well in 64bit Wine which is required when 32bit support is dropped. VM would be the only way around then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom