AX8-Edit 1.8.3 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
AX8-Edit 1.8.3 is now live on the website and auto-update.

This release version of AX8-Edit supports the public beta of Quantum 8.02.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-edit-software-editor.php

Release Notes

New Features

1. Added support for firmware Quantum 8.02.
a. All types in the Compressor block now support both Filter and Emphasis parameters.
b. Added modifier support to the AMP block parameter "Out Comp Amount" as found on the Dynamics page.

Now we AxeFX users can be jealous that AX8 users have features we can't yet access thru our AXE-Edit , for a change....(hopefully for just a few minutes more...:cool:)

This is very helpful. The new parameters will be a doddle to address through AX8edit, but lazy @#$ that I am, I put off digging into front panel deep edits: but hey, the new 8.02b cabinet mixes are so mesmerizing, I haven't gotten past those anyway. And I'm still getting jiggy with the motor drive and diffusion and cabinets from the previous firmware.

I anticipate the filter frequency and emphasis will be really helpful at nuancing dynamic feel while compressing, (based on my experience with studio compressors).

Just when you are out of breath from about all the excitement you can handle, and think the ride's about over: there's yet another twist on the FAS firmware rollercoaster. Buckle up.

Last edited:
I'm getting bugs with Axe Edit all over the place. It takes forever to try and connect..then disconnects. I was able to pull it up one time, but wouldn't let me change amps or bypass modes. Anyone else seeing any of this??

I just finished three hours of making new presets and jamming in between with no issues here.

I had no issues with 1.8.3 with ver7.01 then I installed 8.02 beta and it's still going without issues.

I recommend you check your cables, reinstall your ax8 edit and refresh your AX8 banks.

Possible bug; I noticed that loading a saved cab block in AX8 edit is bringing up the wrong values. Usually I have it bring up user slots 149 and 155 and now it brings up 144 and 150. I resaved the block with my desired assignments and it's fixed it.

This is very helpful. The new parameters will be a doddle to address through AX8edit, but lazy @#$ that I am, I put off digging into front panel deep edits: but hey, the new 8.02b cabinet mixes are so mesmerizing, I haven't gotten past those anyway. And I'm still getting jiggy with the motor drive and diffusion and cabinets from the previous firmware.

I anticipate the filter frequency and emphasis will be really helpful at nuancing dynamic feel while compressing, (based on my experience with studio compressors).

Just when you are out of breath from about all the excitement you can handle, and think the ride's about over: there's yet another twist on the FAS firmware rollercoaster. Buckle up.
Hey I'm not quite sure what all this means ;-) but I'm excited :D

I'm getting bugs with Axe Edit all over the place. It takes forever to try and connect..then disconnects. I was able to pull it up one time, but wouldn't let me change amps or bypass modes. Anyone else seeing any of this??
dealing with bugs as well: connection problems and switching from one preset to another one (on Axe edit via the "Banks" button) suddenly was not possible anymore. It just stayed on the same preset. Until I reloaded Axe Edit and reconnected the AX8.

This is probably the least stable version of AX8 edit I've tried. The previous version would be a solid connection for days. This one I have to restart the unit constantly.

Back
Top Bottom