AX8-Edit 1.8.2 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
AX8-Edit 1.8.2 is now live on the website and auto-update.

This release version of AX8-Edit supports the public beta of Quantum 7.02.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-edit-software-editor.php

Release Notes

New Features
  1. Added support for firmware Quantum 7.02.
    • Added the new page "Spkr Drive" to the AMP block. This page contains the "Speaker Drive" parameter (moved from the Speaker page) and the new parameters "Motor Drive" and "Motor Time Const".
    • Added parameters "Input Diffusion" and "Diffusion Time" to the "Master" page of the MULTI-DELAY block's "Band Delay", "Quad Series", "Plex Delay", "Plex Detune", and "Plex Shift" types.
Bug Fixes
  1. When switching presets while Grid Navigation Mode is enabled, Grid Navigation Mode will correctly respond to keyboard navigation.

Release Notes

New Features
    • Added the new page "Spkr Drive" to the AMP block. This page contains the "Speaker Drive" parameter (moved from the Speaker page) and the new parameters "Motor Drive" and "Motor Time Const".
    • Added parameters "Input Diffusion" and "Diffusion Time" to the "Master" page of the MULTI-DELAY block's "Band Delay", "Quad Series", "Plex Delay", "Plex Detune", and "Plex Shift" types.
Bug Fixes
  1. When switching presets while Grid Navigation Mode is enabled, Grid Navigation Mode will correctly respond to keyboard navigation.
Thank you!!!

Release Notes

New Features
Bug Fixes
Works like a charm!!! Good job!

This update seems to have significantly improved the communication speed between AX8Edit and the AX8. It's definitely a lot faster (I'm on a 2011 iMac). Anyone else notice this?

Still runs on Linux using WINE. Kudos to the developers for that! (while it may be accidental :) or thanks to JUCE working well under WINE).

If you want to build it on Linux as an rpm file, check in build.opensuse.org path (I can't post links) /package/view_file/home:dmacvicar/AX8-Edit/AX8-Edit.spec?expand=1 for a spec file you can build yourself (you need to combine it with the original .exe file), or it can be used as inspiration to build a .deb, .ebuild or PKGBUILD.

Developers, please keep it running under WINE! I am happy to test!.

AX8 Edit is working MUCH better now. I haven't had it lock up on me once and I have kept my computer on, AX8 plugged in and on, and software running for days. Thank you!

Right after I post of course.

Is anyone having an issue assigning footswitches? Mine are randomly changing themselves from global to non-global and basically not responding correctly.

My F switches changed themselves to the default functions after patching. They seem to keep the new ones for now.

Thought I'd post this here, but let me know if it belongs more in the wish list forum. Given that the AX8 and Axe are block compatible for supported blocks, I have my block library in a common directory on my Win10 PC. Unfortunately, AX8-Edit gives me an incompatible block error every time I start it because it sees the Axe blocks that the Ax8 doesn't support. Is there a way to turn off this error notification? If not, can it be made a preferences option?

Thanks
RR

Back
Top Bottom