AX8 and NetBook Flexx as a controller - Video

Orbm1

Inspired

I did this quick video about the Netbook that was mentioned the other day by @ssmorga78.

It works. I have not being able to use it as a tablet as I would need an microusb to usb B cable. The usb A ports are on the detachable keyboard.

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks

Omar

(ps. I will be making another video about iPad with Setlist and AX8).

It works well?

If you watch the video you can see that it works with the keyboard connected. I have not been able to use it without the keyboard as the tablet only has the micro usb. I was having some issues controlling with touch (as shown in the video). With the keyboard and trackpad was working fine.

It does work! I'm unsure how well and reliable as I just starting using it. I will try to do more editing later and I will bring it to my next rehearsal and will share some updates and thoughts.

Thanks!

I finally got my AX8 in yesterday......got the NextBook hooked up to it last night and it worked like a charm. I have an order in as well for a MicroUSB to USB adapter so that I can try it out as a tablet connected, but to be honest......my fingers and not the smallest things in the world, so I will probably always use it with the keyboard attached. I'm sure that having the flexibility would be nice, but I'm just more confident in using the trackpad and keying in numbers for settings. The only thing I noticed is that there is a little lag when clicking on items, but I am also used to operating a Windows 10 PC with 16GB of ram/Intel 2.41ghz processor in comparison to the NextBook and its 2GB of ram/Intel 1.83gHz processor.....so the lag is to be expected. Plus, I like having the keyboard attached because it acts as a protector of the screen when carrying it. I still need to get a good glass screen protector for it though......just to keep the scratches away. Overall, I am really liking the portability of the NextBook....it was definitely a good $150 investment(I bought a 32GB microSD card for the expansion slot also).

I thought you could fold completely over and use it as a tablet without disconnecting the screen from the keyboard?

Nope, not with the NextBook Flexx. If you want that option, you will have to drop a little more cash on something like a Surface or Asus 2-in-1.......

That's what I bring in my mono M80 dual guitar bag, a little netbook. I don't worry about it much. I just charge it every so often. If I have to make a preset change, I'm covered.

Your lag/delay seems to be less than what I get with my i7, 16 GB ram Win10 machine. I will try to hook up Ax8 to an old Win7 netbook I have lying around - it will also be better for putting in the gigbab.

I picked up my $99 Nextbook Flexx10 from Walmart today. I'm typing on it now. It must be a newer one because it came factory loaded with Winows 10 It appears to have Word mobile which should be just fine for my limited use of this machine.

I downloaded the Fractal software, but haven't hooked it up to my AX8 yet. Other than a cramped keyboard, this little thing seems to give me a lot of bang for the buck!

Mine had 8.1 installed but had the free upgrade to 10. They did have the newer ones with 10 on them, but they we're $179. If you got one with 10 already on it for $99.....GOOD JOB! Other than the operating system though, they should be identical specs wise. Enjoy it, it was truly a great find for mobile editing!

Mine had 8.1 installed but had the free upgrade to 10. They did have the newer ones with 10 on them, but they we're $179. If you got one with 10 already on it for $99.....GOOD JOB! Other than the operating system though, they should be identical specs wise. Enjoy it, it was truly a great find for mobile editing!

It's still a Nextbook Flexx 10, not the newer Flexx 11. On the website you get a Flexx 10 with a slip cover for $129 or without for $99. My local Walmart had the $99 version in stock so I bought it online and picked it up. Nice that you can add a 64GB micro SD. I have a 32GB, not being used, so I'll use that.

It's still a Nextbook Flexx 10, not the newer Flexx 11. On the website you get a Flexx 10 with a slip cover for $129 or without for $99. My local Walmart had the $99 version in stock so I bought it online and picked it up. Nice that you can add a 64GB micro SD. I have a 32GB, not being used, so I'll use that.

Yes, i knew that you had the Flexx 10. The Flexx 11 is just an 11" version. At my local walmart they had the Flexx 10's with windows 8 and Flexx 10's with windows 10 on them. The version that had windows 8 were the ones that were clearanced out, the Flexx 10's with windows 10 were full, normal price.

Yes, i knew that you had the Flexx 10. The Flexx 11 is just an 11" version. At my local walmart they had the Flexx 10's with windows 8 and Flexx 10's with windows 10 on them. The version that had windows 8 were the ones that were clearanced out, the Flexx 10's with windows 10 were full, normal price.

Ah, ok.

This is what I bought online: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-...Eligible-for-Free-Windows-10-Upgrade/44503405

This is the same one with a "case" for $129: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-...Core-Windows-8.1-Includes-Bonus-Case/45596374

I wish they had this version at my local store..... I would have rather saved $30 than to have the pouch with it that I could have purchased from Amazon for $9, lol.

Yeah, this is what we had at my local store. It came with 8.1, but had the free upgrade to 10....which, btw, in case y'all hadn't heard..... Microsoft will be including Windows 10 in the next update for Windows 7 & 8 machines. So all those folks out there who are swearing not to upgrade won't have much of a choice, lol

Back
Top Bottom