AX 8 - Problem in accessing the setup screen

I
... and, there will be a gap in the looper playback when switching presets. A known issue.
Its so saaad !!! No other integrated looper functions like this...no solutions to the issue i presume Fractal ???
And the issue of having a Looper Block in the preset which i intend using for lead against the looped rhythm...and also in the same mode....as mentioned by Sturla above...is that also a known issue Fractal??

I
And the issue of having a Looper Block in the preset which i intend using for lead against the looped rhythm...and also in the same mode....as mentioned by Sturla above...is that also a known issue Fractal??

Not sure what you mean. Try to stay within the preset and adjust gain/EQ using scenes to switch between rhythm and lead sound to avoid the looper gap.

It seems pretty logical to me, that if you want the looper to keep playing after switching presets, you need to have the looper active in the preset you’re switching too also. Otherwise you wouldn’t have an active looper block anymore. I don’t think of this as an issue at all.

It actually gives some flexibility to where in the chain you want the looper, that I guess you wouldn’t have with a fixed global looper.

I only use the looper for jamming at home, though. My new favorite setup is a bass preset with a beatbuddy mini-pedal in the fxloop, and a looper block at the end. I can make a simple backing track on the fly, switch to guitar and jam along.

Last edited:
But thats a huge compromise isnt it ChristThePhone ???

Well, there was a time when it drove me mad but I eventually accepted that the AX8 is what it is and the chances of getting this fixed is too small to wait for it so I got me an external looper pedal. Better spend an extra 100 bucks on gear and get over it I'd say.

Well, there was a time when it drove me mad but I eventually accepted that the AX8 is what it is and the chances of getting this fixed is too small to wait for it so I got me an external looper pedal. Better spend an extra 100 bucks on gear and get over it I'd say.

A novel idea ChristThePhone but not a good one......especially after spending over a thousand dollars on my AX 8......besides a 100 dollars looper after the AX 8 will suck tone........why the hell cant Fractal solve this simple issue by providing for a small update allowing the looper to be made either "per preset" or "global" ?? It shouldnt be too difficult at all Fractal....cmon...you guys are the kings and of course the best !!! Unless you want me to name Roland/Boss as the creaters of the most user friendly processors.

Unless you want me to name Roland/Boss as the creaters of the most user friendly processors.
Omg don’t! Omg!!!!!! :rolleyes:

why the hell cant Fractal solve this simple issue by providing for a small update allowing the looper to be made either "per preset" or "global" ?? It shouldnt be too difficult at all Fractal....l
If this simple issue hasn’t been solved yet, maybe it’s not so simple?

You’re right - you’d think for a thousand dollars it could be done. But like many things in life there are compromises, and FAS chose to compromise in this small, relatively insignificant area. I would reinvest your savings of tens of thousands of dollars on physical amp heads, cabinets, and effects pedals into a looper pedal that fits the bill.

To be even more verbose:
  1. Turn on your AX8.
  2. Quickly press then release the SHIFT button.
  3. The SHIFT button light should now be green.
  4. Now, quickly press then release the STORE button.
  5. You have now entered the SETUP menus.
  6. From here, quickly press and then release FS3 (footswitch 3).
  7. You have now entered the UTILITY menu.
What setting are you trying to access?
This absolutely does not work on my axe 8. At some point they changed how to do it. But I forgot and now I'm in a home for the criminally insane axe8 owners. If anyone knows the secret please please let me know so I can get out of this place😣

This absolutely does not work on my axe 8. At some point they changed how to do it. But I forgot and now I'm in a home for the criminally insane axe8 owners. If anyone knows the secret please please let me know so I can get out of this place😣
It works just fine on mine, and I'm running the latest firmware. Try again.

I have tried numerous times. Reloaded latest firmware, which I already had. Have tried turning it off and back on and tried again. Still nothing at all happens when I press shift and then store

I have tried numerous times. Reloaded latest firmware, which I already had. Have tried turning it off and back on and tried again. Still nothing at all happens when I press shift and then store
Two questions:

1). Does the Store function work?

2). Do the other Shift functions work?

Rex, the key, at least for my unit which is fully up to date, is : when in the preset name screen, tap " exit/shift/store" and baddabing:)

Rex, the key, at least for my unit which is fully up to date, is : when in the preset name screen, tap " exit/shift/store" and baddabing:)
Ah! You were still editing the preset name. Yes, you have to back out of that before you can do anything else. :)

Back
Top Bottom