AX 8 - Problem in accessing the setup screen

I think now is the time to say: RTFM :)

Basic functions are well described in the manuals. Read them... Ask questions after you've tried to figure it out at least a little.

I think now is the time to say: RTFM :)

Basic functions are well described in the manuals. Read them... Ask questions after you've tried to figure it out at least a little.
Another query - THE LOOPER - i understand it is not a global looper - but even when i add the looper pedal to a preset and save it as another preset in an empty position, the sign comes up that "this preset does not have a looper" - why so and how can i add a looper pedal/block to any existing preset and save as a seperate preset in which i can use the looper block -
Besides - can i have the looper record and play in one preset and while the looper is playing - go to another preset and play my lead on the second preset - do i have to tweak any knobs/buttons etc. change anything globally ?? I can do this on my Boss GT 100 - why not on my AX 8

You can let the looper keep playing when you switch presets, but i believe you need to have the same looper settings in both presets (mono/stereo and undo enabled/disabled).

Do
You can let the looper keep playing when you switch presets, but i believe you need to have the same looper settings in both presets (mono/stereo and undo enabled/disabled).
Doesnt answer the first part of my question !!!

Sorry "philipacamaniac". Not verbose enough. After step 1 should have been the question...are you on global preset display or on footswith layout page....then....if on global preset display page then press "exit"and enter footswitch display page....then do the balance steps...
One has to be on the"footswith layout page" and only then the balance steps work....

The SETUP menu can be reached from ANY page or screen by pressing SHIFT followed by STORE.

Doesnt answer the first part of my question

I didn’t really understand the first part of the question, so I answered only the part I might help with.

But if you add the looper block somewhere along the signalchain (in your grid), it should stay there even if you save the preset to new location.

...even when i add the looper pedal to a preset and save it as another preset in an empty position, the sign comes up that "this preset does not have a looper" - why so and how can i add a looper pedal/block to any existing preset and save as a seperate preset in which i can use the looper block -
It’s not enough to just place a Looper Control Pedal. You need to actually place a Looper block in the grid. You do that on the Layout page.

I
It’s not enough to just place a Looper Control Pedal. You need to actually place a Looper block in the grid. You do that on the Layout page.
I am placing a looper block in the grid... but only on the grid block page...not on the layoutpage...any difference ?...

Is there separate looper control block and looper block ?.
the LAYOUT screen is what has the actual Blocks. you need to put a Looper Block in the Layout so it exists and affects the sound.

the FS page is the Footswitch page. don't think of these as "blocks" really. they are just Footswitch assignments.

the reason you have to put 2 things is because one is the actual block (in the LAYOUT page) and the other is the Footswitch assignment (in the FS page). this is the same for all blocks. if you want a Delay block, you need to first put it in the LAYOUT page so it actually exists, then if you want to control it on/off, you can put it on the FS page.

This is probably too obvious, but just in case...

The blocks also need to be connected somewhere in the signalchain going from left to right in the layout screen.

If it’s just placed above or beneath the chain, without being «connected» the block won’t do anything to your sound.

Good Lord in high heaven !!!!!!! Its that complicated !!! Okay let me try. Tks Chris and the rest !!! So the connection in the layout page has to be from left to right....also in single line...joined together....AND...most imp....can/cant i shift the existing blocks on the layout page to the left so as to make room for the looper...coz the looper is always preferably placed last in the chain....

In any case i cant continue playing my looper recorded item on one preset and while it is playing.. go to another preset to play my lead lines....thats confirmed Chris ??? Or is it like Sturla says you need to have a Looper Block in that other preset (where i intend playing my lead) also AND WITH THE SAME LOOPER SETTINGS ????

It doesn’t have to be a single line, but it needs to be connected from left to right.

The manual explains this stuff pretty good.

And ax8-edit is your friend! Makes it a lot easier to get a overview how things work

Last edited:
Good Lord in high heaven !!!!!!! Its that complicated !!!
It's not complicated. Once you've done this a couple of times, you'll understand.

So the connection in the layout page has to be from left to right...
It has to start at the far left and end at the far right.

...also in single line...
It doesn't have to be in a single line, but until you get a handle on this, let's keep it to a single line.

...joined together...
Yes, they have to be joined together with a line. Just like your guitar and amp have to be joined together with a guitar cord — otherwise, neither one will work. :)

...AND...most imp....can/cant i shift the existing blocks on the layout page to the left so as to make room for the looper...
Yes, you can shift the blocks left and right. You might have to reconnect them, though.

In any case i cant continue playing my looper recorded item on one preset and while it is playing.. go to another preset to play my lead lines....thats confirmed Chris ??? Or is it like Sturla says you need to have a Looper Block in that other preset (where i intend playing my lead) also AND WITH THE SAME LOOPER SETTINGS ????
Don't even think about changing presets with the looper running until you've got a handle on making the looper work in the first place. One thing at a time.

It's not complicated. Once you've done this a couple of times, you'll understand.

It has to start at the far left and end at the far right.

It doesn't have to be in a single line, but until you get a handle on this, let's keep it to a single line.

Yes, they have to be joined together with a line. Just like your guitar and amp have to be joined together with a guitar cord — otherwise, neither one will work. :)

Yes, you can shift the blocks left and right. You might have to reconnect them, though.

Don't even think about changing presets with the looper running until you've got a handle on making the looper work in the first place. One thing at a time.

Okay got it...looper working..tks awfully Rex, Sturla.....and now the next part i.e. "changing presets with the looper running"....help !!!!

The important thing is that the preset you are changing to, also needs to have the looper block in the signal chain.

And I believe it also needs to have the same settings as in the first preset. If the first preset has a looperblock set to stereo and undo enabled, the second one must be set up the same way.

Back
Top Bottom