AX-8 Price

many people grab the unit by the attached pedal and end up breaking the hinge.
I have flight cases for all my gear, and I care for it, but I understand not everybody does. I trust Fractal makes dependable gear. Isn't that the case?

i don't agree that a multi-effects unit, by definition, "tries to offer everything." i also don't agree that not including an attached expression pedal is offering "less."
That's the good part of Internet forums, isn't it? We can have different opinions and happily disagree :)

My "less" comment was aimed at "one less thing that can fail". The AX-8 includes a good deal of components, numbered in the hundreds, probably. One less thing or one more thing shouldn't be too a bad hit for the general reliability of the unit.
If we follow that reasoning, it seems that Atomic did it better, since they only have three stomp buttons and no volume/expression pedal either... and I don't think that's the case.

That aside my main concern is the price when it arrives in Europe, and when it will arrive.

Thanks for your input, people.

here's my summary of all the FACTUAL info i could find. i know there have been other details mentioned, but i left out anything that Cliff or another FAS team member didn't say themselves. i also focused on more recent information vs. stuff from February or April. in the article, i link to the Wiki with more quotes from the entire year.

SO EXCITED!!!!

AX8 - Everything We Know (October 2015) | AxeFxTutorials.com

Last edited:
Just had a chat to him, depending on what the exchange rate is, it's looking to be around $2300 in Australia.

That seems quite high ....even after taking our crappy $AU into account. I guess Andrew needs to make a living though ;)

I WANT ONE !!!!!

Last edited:
Chis, thanks for putting together that summary page. Very helpful to gather all the quotes from FAS staff in one place with all the threads floating around!

Like you, I'm really excited about the AX8!

People have been asking.
$1399
Waiting list opens this week.
Units should start shipping before end of month.
Let the wild speculation and armchair CEO stuff commence!!!

...and I should wait the dealer bring it to Indonesia, right?

Price in Indonesia Rp. 18,791,500...before tax and shipment cost :D

k2XGUHP.jpg
:)

Well... So much for guitar in one hand and an AX8 in the other...

Congratz to Fractal. This was a really really good price point.

Gonna sell truckloads!!! :D

Very curious how the routing of this device will be handled. Since I use amp and cab on-stage to output 2 via effects loop block, and cab block to output 1 to front of house. Will this have that capability still?

From what I see in the official dealer for Europe's webpage, the "$1349" FX8 price is 1599€, ($1799), so the AX8 might be around 1649€ for us here ($1859).

That's a whooping $450 increase over the official price for Europe. Definitively not a fan of exclusive dealership.

Very curious how the routing of this device will be handled. Since I use amp and cab on-stage to output 2 via effects loop block, and cab block to output 1 to front of house. Will this have that capability still?

Yes

From what I see in the official dealer for Europe's webpage, the "$1349" FX8 price is 1599€, ($1799), so the AX8 might be around 1649€ for us here ($1859).

That's a whooping $450 increase over the official price for Europe. Definitively not a fan of exclusive dealership.
It costs to ship stuff to Europe. Then import taxes have to be paid. Then the people dealing with the product/distributing it have to make some money. Then the servicing/warranty side of things has to be taken care of. There are ways to buy from the US if you're so enclined, but by the time you've shipped it here and paid taxes you won't make much of a saving and you'll only be able to take up any warranty issues with the US side of things.

It always costs more to buy US products in Europe. G66 are awesome. I don't see what the problem is. I might be wrong, but I think Fractal has it set up like this in Europe so that the end product is cheaper than it would be by going through the usual channels.

I highly doubt you can blame G66 for shipping, customs and VAT...
I cannot see what that has to do with exclusive dealership?

Last edited:
Even though $1,399 roughy converts to £925, I suspect it'll roll out at £1,399 too once it's gone through G66 and gets to UK with all the additional costs...

In Indonesia since our currency dropped almost 65% equal to $2137 to latest feb rate... Not mention shipping cost almost $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just in Canada I estimate price + change rate + shipping to around 2000$. it's a lil over the original 1399$

Back
Top Bottom