AX-8 Price

So the FX8 is gonna drop?
I have to admit it's tempting to trade my Axe + FCB1010 for an AX8 with the babies on their way :eek:

Lots of choices -- what's your budget?

well basically I want something thats is decent ,but i don't need to do much more than just track guitars , like $300 , One thing i like on the Roland is it has a auto level when tracking which is cool .I have always used my Axe 2 Usb so I know nothing really about
interfaces . I know there is focus rite, Scarlett, M-audo ,Roland

well basically I want something thats is decent ,but i don't need to do much more than just track guitars , like $300 , One thing i like on the Roland is it has a auto level when tracking which is cool .I have always used my Axe 2 Usb so I know nothing really about
interfaces . I know there is focus rite, Scarlett, M-audo ,Roland

All of those you list are about equal levels of quality. Buy the one with the features you like.

I think the Roland quad capture is the only one that has Spdif in that range , it seems to be not easy thing to find

I've got a Focusrite Saffire Pro-14 here that I connect to my Axe-Fx II XL+ via SPDIF. Works pretty well. Can be had used for pretty cheap.

I sold my original Ultra awhile back as it was just too much for me, an older man, to pack up the ultra, the two FBT powered monitors and a foot controller. I opted for a nice Fender Princeton Amp and the Nova System. While they are fine, I have missed all the amp models on the Ultra. I understand Cliff has improved those models, and now in an AX8 I would only need it with a monitor. I am in. I do miss all the fine amp models. I was close to replacing my Nova System with the FX8 and was on the waiting list. But I think the AX8 is what I have been waiting for. Count me in.

Last edited:
This wait list is just going to be brutal...
How will it be brutal if the units start shipping out later this month? I've never been on a Fractal wait list before, so I'm not sure what to expect.

If you sign up on the wait list the first day it's out, are you in good shape?

How will it be brutal if the units start shipping out later this month? I've never been on a Fractal wait list before, so I'm not sure what to expect.

If you sign up on the wait list the first day it's out, are you in good shape?

Obviously this depends on supply and demand. I think there may be an unprecedented amount of interest in the AX-8 compared to past Fractal products, so it seems possible that the waiting list might be EXTRA LARGE!

Good for Fractal I say. This is pretty exciting!

I don't see the EXP pedal being a big deal. Most of us probably already have one anyways. If not, $100 or so gets you a good one...

It's probably a good idea not to have one built in anyways... One less thing that can fail.
It's a multi-effects unit. The kind of unit that by design tries to offer everything, not less. If I thought it would fail I'd like just a stomp button, not a bunch of them ;)

I understand your concern for prices overseas, but they just confirmed that the price is basically the same as the Helix. So just pick your poison and play music.
We'll see. Atomic's AmpliFire jumps to $748 just by trying to buy it from here (shipping+VAT) :(

It's a multi-effects unit. The kind of unit that by design tries to offer everything, not less. If I thought it would fail I'd like just a stomp button, not a bunch of them ;)

pedals tend to break more often than switches and are much harder to replace. many people grab the unit by the attached pedal and end up breaking the hinge.

i don't agree that a multi-effects unit, by definition, "tries to offer everything." i also don't agree that not including an attached expression pedal is offering "less."

pedals tend to break more often than switches and are much harder to replace. many people grab the unit by the attached pedal and end up breaking the hinge.

i don't agree that a multi-effects unit, by definition, "tries to offer everything." i also don't agree that not including an attached expression pedal is offering "less."

Exactly, in my opinion attached EXP pedals makes a unit bulky.

Back
Top Bottom