AX-8 Firmware Version 10.00

I loaded the new firmware but cant find the new Friedman 18 C45 amp in the list. Tried the refresh after new fw and nothing. Any ideas? thanks.

I think you find it under a different name: Friedman 2018 i think-

Hope this helps :)

Can someone could tell me if all the "knows bugs" are corrected in this version please?
Yes. I would like to know that too. Been holding off as a couple of people mentioned things, they were told they were bugs and I have not seen anything since to say if they have been fixed.

It's been reported as a bug.
So, where are all these reported bugs listed? How can we know if they are fixed or not?
You seem to know what has been reported as a bug but then seem vague/evasive when someone wants to know if bugs have been corrected. Really not helpful at all. Just antagonistic.

So, where are all these reported bugs listed? How can we know if they are fixed or not?
You seem to know what has been reported as a bug but then seem vague/evasive when someone wants to know if bugs have been corrected. Really not helpful at all. Just antagonistic.

All we have is the 'Bugs + Wishes' forum. The bugs reported there also show whether they're confirmed or fixed.

My apologies if this has been previously discussed but I havent seen it after some searching. Ever since I updated to V10, most (all?) of my patches are now maxing out and clipping. Occasionally the "red light" might only intermittently show but I can hear it clipping. Has anyone else had this issue? More importantly (to me) is there a fix other than individually going back to re-level/gain stage each preset? Should I re-calibrate my input?

I didn't have any issues like that, Perhaps your presets had a pretty hot output already? I did have to re-level a couple of my presets but they probably needed further attention anyway and the adjustments they needed may not have had anything to do with the firmware update at all.

I doubt that the firmware update had anything to do with your input level changing. Have you changed guitars or are you using active pickups? The default input level setting has worked perfectly for all my guitars (none using active pickups though) and I never had to change it at all. I do have a couple of presets where the red input led just occasionally flashes (which as I understand it is normal) but definitely no clipping is heard.

My apologies if this has been previously discussed but I havent seen it after some searching. Ever since I updated to V10, most (all?) of my patches are now maxing out and clipping. Occasionally the "red light" might only intermittently show but I can hear it clipping. Has anyone else had this issue? More importantly (to me) is there a fix other than individually going back to re-level/gain stage each preset? Should I re-calibrate my input?
What firmware version did you update from? I haven'e had any preset level issues coming from 9.04. Coming from an earlier version could, and has affected the preset levels.

Carefully reading the 'Release Notes' of each version from where you were, to where you are can be very helpful with what exactly has changed.

I didn't have any issues like that, Perhaps your presets had a pretty hot output already? I did have to re-level a couple of my presets but they probably needed further attention anyway and the adjustments they needed may not have had anything to do with the firmware update at all.

I doubt that the firmware update had anything to do with your input level changing. Have you changed guitars or are you using active pickups? The default input level setting has worked perfectly for all my guitars (none using active pickups though) and I never had to change it at all. I do have a couple of presets where the red input led just occasionally flashes (which as I understand it is normal) but definitely no clipping is heard.

Thanks for the response. Its quite likely that my presets were hot although I have some that were factory presets that I suspect are now clipping.

No I dont suspect that the firmware update has had an impact on my input, I was merely asking whether resetting my input may be a nice global blanket fix for my levels all over.

Could just be I need to do a crash course in levels/gain staging and work my way through all of my presets.

What firmware version did you update from? I haven'e had any preset level issues coming from 9.04. Coming from an earlier version could, and has affected the preset levels.

Carefully reading the 'Release Notes' of each version from where you were, to where you are can be very helpful with what exactly has changed.

Not 100% sure but I think I was up to date with firmware prior to 10.0

I apologise if you already know all this, but I hope some of it helps:

I used AustinBuddy's excellent YouTube video for learning how to properly set and balance my presets ).

After a while it just becomes second nature (for me anyway) to have the Vus up on the AX8 when writing presets with Axe-Edit and set the Amp block level to set the overall gain. Different people have slightly different settings, but for me I try to set my general preset level to around 0dB on the Ax8 Vu meter when playing hard, and up to +3dB for scenes/presets for solos and boosts.

As far as final level of the AX8 us concerned, which is global of course and set by the Output knobs on the AX8 facia, some people seem to have gotten hung up on AustinBuddy's comments that these need to be at 100% for unity gain. For me, I take no notice of this and set my final output level to between 70 and 80% because that gives me some room to easily turn up on stage if need be without having to go to my monitors.

Hope this helps

Not 100% sure but I think I was up to date with firmware prior to 10.0
Okay.. (moderate) Instrument Input LED clipping is OK. Output clipping is not.

1. Are you using FRFR or traditional guitar Cabs?
  2. Is the power amp modeling on or off?
  3. Cab modeling on or off?
  4. Any offsets in the Global menu?
  5. What is the internal level of the preset(s) per the internal VU meter? (hit the Page> button 4 times)
  6. Are these Factory, Modified Factory, self-made, or commercial presets?
  7. Can you post an example preset?

Back
Top Bottom